Please Explain: Why can't we have 10 min or 2 hr time frames candles in MT4?

Hi,

I'm not a coder, just a user, so please help me understand why we are "stuck" with 5 min or 15 min time frames or 1 hr and 4 hr in MT4. I know we can create out of the ordinary time frames offline, but "live" candles are what I trade with. Does someone in this forum have an application (for sale) that allows for us to have other than the time frames of the candles that appear in MT4? 10 min candles are hugely helpful for me, as are 120 min. But I'm unable to trade with these.

Can someone explain why these options are not available to us as traders, and if anyone knows of add-ons/plugins for MT4 that allows for such "non-standard" time frames of the candles?

Thanks,

Jeff

jbozman: why we are "stuck" with 5 min or 15 min time frames or 1 hr and 4 hr in MT4.
Because that is how they wrote the program 10 years ago.

jbozman:

Hi,

I'm not a coder, just a user, so please help me understand why we are "stuck" with 5 min or 15 min time frames or 1 hr and 4 hr in MT4. I know we can create out of the ordinary time frames offline, but "live" candles are what I trade with. Does someone in this forum have an application (for sale) that allows for us to have other than the time frames of the candles that appear in MT4? 10 min candles are hugely helpful for me, as are 120 min. But I'm unable to trade with these.

Go have a play with MT5

I have indicators for MT4 which won't work for MT5.

So I'd need a programmer to code new indicators. I'd have to get a programmer to write this new code.

I'm sure there is an area within this forum to request an estimate on such a desire?

Thanks-

jbozman:

So I'd need a programmer to code new indicators. I'd have to get a programmer to write this new code.

I'm sure there is an area within this forum to request an estimate on such a desire?

Thanks-

Register on the MT5 site and then go here: MT4 & MT5 coding

jbozman:

There is a version of period_converter that ticks the offline charts automatically so they update just like a live chart . . . you should be able to place indicators on them and you may even be able to trade off them . . . http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=206301
Reason: