Anti decompiler must be the new features for metaeditor - page 3

Dear Russell,

Because I need to protect this EAs before release ^^

* based on 3,000 USD

Dear Meowzx, in general all code can be decompiled. Some code is a bit easier than others. An ex4 file is very easy to open and study the code. If you want more protection you could consider writing it in C/C++, but still it can be decompiled. Even with the new metaquotes solution this will be the case. If someone wants it bad enough, he will find a way. The only way to protect your code, is to keep it on your computer/server, and have ppl subscribe to the service. Which in turn also has it's security problems.

Russell:
Dear Meowzx, in general all code can be decompiled. Some code is a bit easier than others. An ex4 file is very easy to open and study the code. If you want more protection you could consider writing it in C/C++, but still it can be decompiled. Even with the new metaquotes solution this will be the case. If someone wants it bad enough, he will find a way. The only way to protect your code, is to keep it on your computer/server, and have ppl subscribe to the service. Which in turn also has it's security problems.

Dear Russell,

Thank you very much for your precious suggestion, I am grateful. Subscription model is good for this service, but this EAs work with M5/M1 as an event-driver application.

So, it works very quick in seconds. I thought about placing the application on server and provide signals but it was not fast enough in extreme price movement.

I am also wondered that you mentioned about C/C++ could be decompiled as well. (feeling sad). Or even server could be hacked also - -"

I really love the way MT provide API to the world, without this kind of things we could not possibly execute proper orders in time.

BTW, most of the existing EAs did not work well because the underlying theory and methodology. Some work well in trendy, some work well in trading market.

Some even worse using grid or martingale or scalping. I will share a new innovative theory/methodology to this community soon, for your kind suggestions.

Sincerely,

Dear Meowzx, yes what you mention about the trending-ranging market is a problem in general for EA's, not many seem to solve that. But next to that these sold ea's are often badly written, no proper error controle, or even conditions that never can't evaluated correctly. C/C++ is a lot more difficult to hack into. People that have that kind of knowledge probably have a well payed job, so in that way the potential risk of being hacked is much smaller.

best,

akhmadfx3:

An EA is master pieces of the author and copyrighted,

Copyright and source protection is OK by default but you can find many indicators and EAs which are renamed and/or slightly altered versions of freely available codes.

This is also theft.

It would be a simple task to add a feature to the upcoming MT4 market which analyzes the thousands of free codes and gives a warning when someone wants to sell one.

szgy74:

Copyright and source protection is OK by default but you can find many indicators and EAs which are renamed and/or slightly altered versions of freely available codes.

This is also theft.

It would be a simple task to add a feature to the upcoming MT4 market which analyzes the thousands of free codes and gives a warning when someone wants to sell one.

There is mt4 market coming?

tonny:

There is mt4 market coming?

I saw this under the upcoming big changes: https://forum.mql4.com/56885

Look this screen shoot, using metaeditor ver 509 i compiled source code from decompiled source code, and Metaeditor denied to compile from decompiled source code, decompiled source code is unused for Metaeditor ver 509.

why not to complete to make all compiled code from metaeditor ver 509 is can not decompile with any decompile software.

semprul

angevoyageur:
Wait for the big change.

wow thanks for THE BIG CHANGE, Finally MT4 more care about his code and the User,

say no to copyrighted code theft

I have finalized qualified trades with expected returns. I love MT and good people here.

I would like to ask you guys to test my EA as soon as we are sure EA could not be decompiled.

here is test result: (trade only 6 qualified events monthly)

special thanks to topic owner akhmadfx3 and Russell.

Reason: