Is it possible to run an EA on a Renko chart?

Hi all

I have been trying to get an Ea to run on a Renko chart and have had no success.

Even when I run a one line code -----Print("Got Started"); it does not work

The same line of code will print to Experts log on a regular time frame chart.

Leads me to think that Ea's will not work on Renko charts.

Has anyone got an Ea to run on REnko charts?

And if so what am I missing?

All suggestiond deeply appreciated.

Keith

kminler :

Hi all

I have been trying to get an Ea to run on a Renko chart and have had no success.

Even when I run a one line code -----Print("Got Started"); it does not work

The same line of code will print to Experts log on a regular time frame chart.

Leads me to think that Ea's will not work on Renko charts.

Has anyone got an Ea to run on REnko charts?

And if so what am I missing?

All suggestiond deeply appreciated.

Keith

Yes you can, how are you ticking your Renko chart ?

Thats great news and thanks for the quick reply.

I don't understand what you mean by "ticking" the Renko chart.

I have an indicator on the M1 chart which sets parameters for Renko,i.e box size, then I open the offline renko chart

on an M2 chart. My indicators all work fine on the offline Renko, but nada for EA's.

Hope this explains my situation well enough for further guidance.

Keith

kminler :

Thats great news and thanks for the quick reply.

I don't understand what you mean by "ticking" the Renko chart.

I have an indicator on the M1 chart which sets parameters for Renko,i.e box size, then I open the offline renko chart

on an M2 chart. My indicators all work fine on the offline Renko, but nada for EA's.

Hope this explains my situation well enough for further guidance.

Keith

Is your offline chart live or not live ? if it's live it has ticks, an EA needs ticks to call it's start() function . . . no ticks and the EA doesn't run. If it's running ( add a Print("start called . . ."); line at the start of start() ) then you have a live chart, and if it's running your issue may be that your EA is not designed to handle strange timeframes . . .

Yes the chart is live.

I have already tried the print statement.

It is only one line of code, since I didn't want to confuse the problem with Symbol() issues for example.

The one line of code does not execute on the Renko but will on a regualr TF chart.

I have tried this one line on several brokers and get the same result.

Is there perhaps some requirement I am not aware of, similar to indicators requiring Bars counted before they will work?

Keith

Hello,

did you fix the problem, i use the renko_lovechart_pimped_V4.13 here from MQL4.com and have the same problem as well. I tryed to test it with a one line code, and there is no response

Amando 

Reason: