MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 509 - page 4

RaptorUK:
How did you get the icons and text to appear bigger than standard with build 482 ?  I have a Build 445 terminal and it's icons and text are the same size as build 509 . . .

I use mt4 more than 3 years, this is normal size for icons and text. Same size all build in the last 3 years. The last 482build showed proper icons and text, then from build 500 have smaller icons and text.  Monitor resolution: 1920x1080.

Please try with these Full HD resolution. 

I have other computer(laptop with 18.4 fullhd display). Usually not use mt4 on those laptop.

Now started mt4 build 427 (old version not connected)

After updated to 509, same issue as my computer. Very small icons and text.

Attached both screenshot:

If I did overwrite only terminal.exe to old 4xx version, then showed again normal size icons and text. 

I measured the text size on the chart window right side, on 22inch FullHD(1920x1080 native resolution) monitor:

All old versions to 482build  text size bit more than 3mm (high)

From 500 build text size high bit less than 2mm  ,  I can't read comfortable from average viewing distance.

a8l:

I use mt4 more than 3 years, this is normal size for icons and text. Same size all build in the last 3 years. The last 482build showed proper icons and text, then from build 500 have smaller icons and text.  Monitor resolution: 1920x1080.

Please try with these Full HD resolution. 

My laptop is 1920 x 1080 native resolution . . .  what did you change to get larger icons and text ?

I didn't any change. I see larger icons and text in the last three years. My laptop 3 years old, my desktop computer 2.5years old, both have larger icons and text since the first day to the build 500 mt4. Both have windows 7 64bit.

If not change or fix metatrader , then I will change platform or broker with other platform.

This is my work, I don't want see this very small icons and text for the next few years.

I can't live with these very small icons and text. 

Or maybe I found one people, who can crack terminal.exe then fix this failure in the software.

My main problem with this:  Metatrader showed proper text and icon sizes in the last three years, and now is not, wnet to useless junk. I don't understan why. 

At now again:  500-or newer build have very small icons and text, 482 or any older build have readable normal size text and icons.

(sorry my terrible english knowledge)  

I attached both version 4 monitor size screenshot again:

All build version to 482 have bigger text and icons.

All build version from 500 have small text and icons.

If after update, copied old version terminal.exe then have bigger text and icons again.

Only file which failed: terminal.exe 

I tested other brokers mt4, have same issue.

I have 150% dpi setting in the windows text size.

Tested all compatibility modes and all try setting but have small text and icons after update to 500 and up builds. 

a8l:

I have 150% dpi setting in the windows text size.

OK,  so this is what you changed to get larger text and ICONs . . .  perhaps newer builds are not compatible with the  "Make it easier to read what's on your screen"  setting.  You might want to try changing this back to 100% and see how the old Build looks compared to the newest build,  I suspect that they will loo the same,  then reset back to 150% and again compare the new to old builds, once you have established that it is this that is changing your text and icon sizes you should report this to MQ as an issue using the Service Desk link from your mql5 profile page.  If you don't have a mql5 user ID you will need to register.

RaptorUK:
OK,  so this is what you changed to get larger text and ICONs . . .  perhaps newer builds are not compatible with the  "Make it easier to read what's on your screen"  setting.  You might want to try changing this back to 100% and see how the old Build looks compared to the newest build,  I suspect that they will loo the same,  then reset back to 150% and again compare the new to old builds, once you have established that it is this that is changing your text and icon sizes you should report this to MQ as an issue using the Service Desk link from your mql5 profile page.  If you don't have a mql5 user ID you will need to register.

Hi

I tried today with 100% dpi settings, same small size all text in both older and newer version. Then reset to 150% , old version larger text, new stay small text. 

I looked terminal.exe properties in windows, I attached that screenshot(language is hungarian, but english version is the same options)

In the properties, compatibility, the bottom option of settings(Don't allow screen size adjust with higher dpi settings) is selected then come small text with older version. If deselect then again come larger text.

So, that in newer builds always not allow screen size adjusting.

Please try with 150% dpi settings with old and new builds, then old build selected that option in the compatibility settings.

Can you send me link for register to service desk? 

I will contact my broker in monday, I'll tell to they this exact issue, i hope they contact metaquotes, and fixed soon. (at least before expired 482 build) 

a8l: Can you send me link for register to service desk? 
// -> Profile (upper right corner) -> Service Desk (left column)
Reason: