New MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 507: Trading Signal Registration Command and Setting a Spread When Testing - page 8

RaptorUK:It could well be DLL related . . . sorry I'm not familiar with  DebugView.
fudge:I might post it in the future so anyone can use it. Great for debugging and writing complicated indicators and EAs.
cody_r:I would be very interested in that, fudge!
//{Log
// send information to OutputDebugString() to be viewed and logged by
// SysInternal's DebugView (free download from Microsoft) This is ideal for
// debugging as an alternative to Print(). The function will take up to 10
// strings (or numeric) arguments to be concatenated into one debug message.
// http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896647.aspx
//}
#import "kernel32.dll"
   void     OutputDebugStringA(string msg);
#import
// int init(){                                           #define CS_LIVE      0
//                                                       #define CS_VISUAL    1
// if(      !IsTesting())     status.chart   = CS_LIVE;  #define CS_OPTIMIZER 2
// else  if(IsVisualMode())   status.chart   = CS_VISUAL;
// else{                      status.chart   = CS_OPTIMIZER;
//                            Show.Comments  = false;
//                            Show.Objects   = false;                         }
// ...}
void     Log(string s1, string s2="", string s3="", string s4="", string s5="",
         string s6="", string s7="", string s8="", string s9="", string s10=""){
   if(IsDllsAllowed()){
      if(status.chart == CS_LIVE)   string out = "";
      else  // Visual or Optimizer
         out = TimeToStr(timeCur.srv, TIME_DATE|TIME_MINUTES|TIME_SECONDS) +" ";
      out   = out + WindowExpertName() + ": "
                  + s1 + s2 + s3 + s4 + s5 + s6 + s7 + s8 + s9 + s10;
      OutputDebugStringA(out);
}  }
void  AlertMe(string s1, string s2="", string s3="", string s4="", string s5="",
         string s6="", string s7="", string s8="", string s9="", string s10=""){
   Alert(s1, s2, s3, s4, s5, s6, s7, s8, s9, s10);
   Log(  s1, s2, s3, s4, s5, s6, s7, s8, s9, s10);
}
No missing lines in the journal. Works in optimization mode (for those hard to find problems)

RaptorUK:
Nope,  it didn't . . .

I'm surprised. I saw this reported on another forum and reproduced it easily. it crashes the terminal every time. Switch back to MetaLang build 500 and all is OK.

WHRoeder:
No missing lines in the journal. Works in optimization mode (for those hard to find problems)

I actually made (based on this) a much more advanced version. Hope to release it soon.

euclid:

I'm surprised. I saw this reported on another forum and reproduced it easily. it crashes the terminal every time. Switch back to MetaLang build 500 and all is OK.
OK,  post the code that reproduces the issue and i'll try at my end.

euclid:

OK,  I did some more testing and I think you may be right . . .  I had a include file reference above the declaration for the unused function declaration, when I removed that so that the first function declaration was one that wasn't ever called and I allow MT4 to compile on start and then execute the script I get either a "file is corrupt" error or a MT4 crash.

fudge:

Did they say anything about when do they plan to release the update?

No, that was the whole text of their response.  I was hoping it was being pushed now, since the Metalang.exe I got today has a different date/time stamp than the one I got Saturday, but a binary compare shows the two files to be identical.

WHRoeder:

Thanks, WHRoeder.

Build 509 was released 15 ago.  Let's hope it solved the problems that we discussed here. 

I can not  launch  the client terminal.  (Windows XP,32bit)

I restarted MT4 many times but I can not get it runing
Reason: