Bid and Ask lines wrong

Hi, on two brokers, I have the lines appearing wrongly.

On the first one, the ask price is consistantly 1 points too low. The pink box is my indicator showing what the spread should be based on the Market Watch window figures and it SHOULD match up with the bid and ask lines on the chart.

the second broker offers a normal pair EURGBP, and one with a reduced spread, EURGBPpro, the figures in the Market Watch window are correct on the normal EURGBP chart, it uses the EURGBPpro figures for the bid and ask lines.

For both brokers, this seems to happen for ALL pairs!!!! I tried Charts>Refresh and no difference.

For the second one, I would complain to the broker, but the first one, SURELY, they can't have it wrong for every currency and not have fixed it??

Is it just a case of asking both brokers or am I missing something here?

check if it matches with Charts ---> Properties ---> Common ---> Show Ask Line

Thanks but you can see on the screenshots the ask line is already enabled, it doesn't match with the figures in the Market Watch window

I still have the same problem! The chart-lines of Bid and Ask were not where they shou´ld be acc. to the TickChart quotes and the quotes that are received by indicators and EAs

Plese see here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/143082

Did you get a response from the broker?

Nope, but I am using not the 'branded' MT4 with that broker. As you see the diff if very high with 15 points,

But in other MT4, where 'BRanding' and 'Login' 'fits' I see similar but even smaller differences!

It's kind of disturbing when my Indicators and EAs that enter and exists at Bid and Ask places their quote-objects elsewhere on the chart than at Bid and Ask that I see!!

I can imagine that visual, manual trading on such charts is practically impossible!

cu gooly

Do you want my pink box indicator? :) Fixes the problem by plotting the real values
Files:

alladir:

Hi, on two brokers, I have the lines appearing wrongly.

Do me a favour, PM me the names of these Brokers.  I'd like to try and reproduce what you are seeing.  If I can I'll email the Brokers and raise a Service Desk ticket

RaptorUK:
Do me a favour, PM me the names of these Brokers.  I'd like to try and reproduce what you are seeing.  If I can I'll email the Brokers and raise a Service Desk ticket. 

I had a reply from the Service Desk

Support Team 2013.06.19 15:36

In these cases brokerage companies corrected spread values for original symbol quotes by 1 pip (one increased, one decreased).

Chart window always shows original quotes, other windows - quotes for current trader's account type.

I sent the following images to the Service Desk . . .

Support Team 2013.06.19 15:36

In these cases brokerage companies corrected spread values for original symbol quotes by 1 pip (one increased, one decreased).

Chart window always shows original quotes, other windows - quotes for current trader's account type.

The price is increased in both cases. That makes no sens for the sell (first case 1.33889 in place of 1.38888), why the broker would offer a better price to the trader ?

angevoyageur:

The price is increased in both cases. That makes no sens for the sell (first case 1.33889 in place of 1.38888), why the broker would offer a better price to the trader ?

Both prices show an increase of 1 point,  but one is the Bid and the other the Ask,  the result is that one has an increased spread by one point the other has a decreased spread by one point . . .  maybe the Broker is offering a better spread on his Demo accounts compared to some of his Live accounts.

When I contacted the Service Desk  I also emailed both brokers . . .  I have heard back from one of the Brokers,  he wants me to re-install MT4 to fix the issue . . .  

Reason: