EA Log Files Entries

Hi,

my EA does not write all logged-defined entries in the expert log files.

The curious is this:

(1) In the strategy tester all log entries are 100% correctly and 100% completely entered into log files (expert/logs).

(2) But most log entries on demo or live accounts are simply omitted. Maybe 90% correct, the rest is missing. 

Who can explain that?

Is there a difference in programming for logfiles for EA expert/logs, where the strategy tester as opposed to a running account makes differences when writing it to the files?

MT4 Build 400 and 500, newst Versions does it both. 

Thank you so much.

EURUSD2013:

Hi,

my EA does not write all logged-defined entries in the expert log files.

The curious is this:

(1) In the strategy tester all log entries are 100% correctly and 100% completely entered into log files (expert/logs).

(2) But most log entries on demo or live accounts are simply omitted. Maybe 90% correct, the rest is missing. 

Who can explain that?

Is there a difference in programming for logfiles for EA expert/logs, where the strategy tester as opposed to a running account makes differences when writing it to the files?

MT4 Build 400 and 500, newst Versions does it both. 

Are you looking in the experts tab or actually in the log file ? 

I am using MT4 version 4 Build 1010 and have the same problem. My EA has about 45 entries. When an entry is adapted all entries are shown in the experts tag and in the log file. However about the ten last entries are not registered. It looks like the information is too large. Is that the case? And if so, is there something I can do to make sure all entries are recorded?

Thanks for helping 

The recent entries are hold in cache - as far as I remember - just in the expert tab right-mouse click and click on open will flush the cache and you should see all entries.

gooly:
The recent entries are hold in cache - as far as I remember - just in the expert tab right-mouse click and click on open will flush the cache and you should see all entries.

Sorry, I probably did not formulate it correctly.

I see all past actions in the log file, but of my 45 entries in my expert system, some 10 of them from entry 35 to 45 are missing, as if there was not enough time to write the name and value of all 45 entries in the log. It does not seem caused by a limitation, because sometimes there are 1 or 2 expert entries more or less. 

Below you see two log registrations, but at the end there are entries missing and as you can see there is here a difference at the end. Normally InitialStopTicks, is followed by InitialProfitTicks and next StopLossTicks and TakeProfitTicks and more...

AllowExpertAutotrading=false; AllowExpertAutoClosing=true; AllowExpertAutoOpenLongOnly=false; AllowExprtAutoOpenShortOnly=false; MLS_MultiLotsStrtgyActive=false; MLS_StartOnNextReversal=false; MLS_FirstTradeForceLong=false; MLS_FirstTradeForceShort=false; MLS_LotsMulti_2=1.0; MLS_LotsMulti_3=2.0; MLS_LotsMulti_4=0.0; MLS_LotsMulti_5=0.0; MLS_LotsMulti_6=0.0; MagicNumber=601012; BBS_Average=5; BBS_VolatilityPeriod=3; BBS_VolatilityFactor=0.8; BBS_LowbandAdjust=0.95; RenkoCount_ExpertActive=true; RenkoCount_BarsCountedUp=2; RenkoCount_BarsCountedDn=2; TrailStop_Active=false; TrailStop_InitStopTicks=220.0; TrailStop_StartTrailTicks=100.0; TrailStop_TrailStopTicks=100.0; CloseTicketNbAfterLineBr=0; CloseAllMagicTradesNextTick=false; CloseAllMagicOnLineBreak=false; TrndLnBreakByClose=false; OCA_OneCancelsAll=true; ManualOpenBuy=false; ManualOpenSell=false; InitialStopTicks=550.0; InitialProfitTicks=890.0; 

AllowExpertAutotrading=false; AllowExpertAutoClosing=true; AllowExpertAutoOpenLongOnly=false; AllowExprtAutoOpenShortOnly=false; MLS_MultiLotsStrtgyActive=false; MLS_StartOnNextReversal=false; MLS_FirstTradeForceLong=false; MLS_FirstTradeForceShort=false; MLS_LotsMulti_2=1.0; MLS_LotsMulti_3=2.0; MLS_LotsMulti_4=0.0; MLS_LotsMulti_5=0.0; MLS_LotsMulti_6=0.0; MagicNumber=601055; BBS_Average=5; BBS_VolatilityPeriod=3; BBS_VolatilityFactor=0.8; BBS_LowbandAdjust=0.95; RenkoCount_ExpertActive=true; RenkoCount_BarsCountedUp=2; RenkoCount_BarsCountedDn=2; TrailStop_Active=false; TrailStop_InitStopTicks=220.0; TrailStop_StartTrailTicks=100.0; TrailStop_TrailStopTicks=100.0; CloseTicketNbAfterLineBr=0; CloseAllMagicTradesNextTick=false; CloseAllMagicOnLineBreak=false; TrndLnBreakByClose=false; OCA_OneCancelsAll=true; ManualOpenBuy=false; ManualOpenSell=false; InitialStopTicks=25000.0; StopLossTicks=20000.0; 

Do you know if there is a possibility to stop this automatic logging?  

gooly:
Maybe another solution? Can I exclude in some way some of the external inputs?

gooly:

I made a test shortening a number of the external input names. Now all entries show up in the log file. 

Question: is the writing in the log file interrupted? If so when by what? Because even with only short names it could become critical to have all the data in the log file.

Reason: