Meta Editor on Meta 4 Stopped Compiling

Hi, been using Meta Editor for over 5 years with no problems. Yesterday, suddenly it stopped producing ex4 files. I have the perfect code saved as .mq4 files but now if you press the "Compile" button it says it has completed ok, but there is no .ex4 file in the same folder as the source file.
Until yesterday this worked perfectly. Please does anyone have any ideas?

I have full permissions for all of the relevant folder, and have re-installed meta 4 and rebooted already.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Jordan Royce 

jordanhex:

Hi, been using Meta Editor for over 5 years with no problems. Yesterday, suddenly it stopped producing ex4 files. I have the perfect code saved as .mq4 files but now if you press the "Compile" button it says it has completed ok, but there is no .ex4 file in the same folder as the source file.
Until yesterday this worked perfectly. Please does anyone have any ideas?

Is it a UAC issue ?

RaptorUK:
Is it a UAC issue ?

I have disabled UAC and it still does not create an ex4 file in the same folder as the mq4 file. It says it has completed the compiling even states ok, but no file. It's baffling...

jordanhex:

I have disabled UAC and it still does not create an ex4 file in the same folder as the mq4 file. It says it has completed the compiling even states ok, but no file. It's baffling...
As a test try installing MT4 in a folder other than Program Files,  for example, C:\MT4Installs\Broker\

RaptorUK:
As a test try installing MT4 in a folder other than Program Files,  for example, C:\MT4Installs\Broker\

I have installed it in the program files folder, a folder named meta 4, and even put it in a folder on a separate hard drive. Even made sure that all these folders had full permissions.

jordanhex:

I have installed it in the program files folder, a folder named meta 4, and even put it in a folder on a separate hard drive. Even made sure that all these folders had full permissions.

What are you doing to open the file in MetaEditor ? 

i had the same problem with jordan.. so i try to copy mq4(let say XX.mq4) file form flashdisk and put on mt4 expert folder.. after compile it seem XX.mq4 not appear as usual (blue & yellow colour) but appear like ex4 file(grey colour) in navigator mt4 platform..

brangkas:
i had the same problem with jordan.. so i try to copy mq4(let say XX.mq4) file form flashdisk and put on mt4 expert folder.. after compile it seem XX.mq4 not appear as usual (blue & yellow colour) but appear like ex4 file(grey colour) in navigator mt4 platform..

RaptorUK:
Is it a UAC issue ?

Is it ?

Hello !

I have the same problem of Jordan and I have WinXP

Until yesterday it works perfectly but today nothing .... It is a bug ?

I have tried an older version of MetaEditor and it works perfectly so for sure it is a bug of build 500

itasterix:
I have tried an older version of MetaEditor and it works perfectly so for sure it is a bug of build 500
OK, tell me how to reproduce this bug and I'll report it via the Service Desk.
Reason: