MINI TERMINAL bring it back !!! - page 2

mikeyoung:

Does any one know were to find the MT4 mini terminal tools?    This such a great tools made for fast and better way to enter and excute trades in the market.             I found IBFX (US broker) supported it but they are going to close there trading division.     I also found AXI Trader (Australian Broker)  supports the mini terminal and many other robust tools.  But they do not let US citizens can not register with them.    

Any idea who still supporting the Mini Terminal as I need a new broker?

Thank You 

I did find an Austrailan Broker AxiTrader that has the Mini terminal and many other great tools, but they do not except United States Customers.   Do you know any other brokers with the Mini Terminal Tools?   

mikeyoung:

Does any one know were to find the MT4 mini terminal tools?    This such a great tools made for fast and better way to enter and excute trades in the market.             I found IBFX (US broker) supported it but they are going to close there trading division.     I also found AXI Trader (Australian Broker)  supports the mini terminal and many other robust tools.  But they do not let US citizens can not register with them.    

Any idea who still supporting the Mini Terminal as I need a new broker?

Thank You 

The mini terminal is a app that is manufacture by third party.    I called and talk to tech and they said, they only support the brokers, not an individual at this time on the use, installation of the mini terminal for the MT4 platform.    What wonderful company and great tools.              I would be happy to tell you who that is but this form considers that advertising write down their name something to make their MT4 a better tool.         I think you can look up my profile and get my email I would be happy to let you know who that is.   

Would not a simple script do the same thing?

WHRoeder:
cccw45: 2013.05.29 19:11I was told by my broker that Metatrader in the latest update did not include the MINI TERMINAL, one click open positions & one click close all positions. I sure miss this feature and would like it back !! As now, it takes 2 clicks to open, and many many more clicks when you have more then one position open to close all. BRING BACK THE MINI TERMINAL !!!
mikeyoung: Does any one know were to find the MT4 mini terminal tools?  
  1. It was removed because it was custom (from brokers, not from Metaquotes.) They didn't want to have to support hundreds of different MT4 terminals.
  2. Mini-terminal no longer exists.
  3. Use the one click trading built in (alt-T) for the last two years.
  4. Next time press F1 and read the user guide: terminal -> Trading -> Trading on Chart.

WHRoeder:
cccw45: 2013.05.29 19:11I was told by my broker that Metatrader in the latest update did not include the MINI TERMINAL, one click open positions & one click close all positions. I sure miss this feature and would like it back !! As now, it takes 2 clicks to open, and many many more clicks when you have more then one position open to close all. BRING BACK THE MINI TERMINAL !!!
mikeyoung: Does any one know were to find the MT4 mini terminal tools?  
  1. It was removed because it was custom (from brokers, not from Metaquotes.) They didn't want to have to support hundreds of different MT4 terminals.
  2. Mini-terminal no longer exists.
  3. Use the one click trading built in (alt-T) for the last two years.
  4. Next time press F1 and read the user guide: terminal -> Trading -> Trading on Chart.

The Metaquotes one click feature sucks and is not the the mini terminal    They need to bring it back or reinvent better version.   

One eample of some of the features of the mini terminal.

Old Mini Terminal Features and what we are looking forThis an example of the old mini terminal and some of it features...  

Some of the Feature of the old mini terminal are this, that the new one click MT4 does not do..

The old mini terminal features..................................................... 

You can add a Profit Target. Simply click Buy or Sell. We’ll click Buy. We can see our order now appears on the chart.

If you want to then adjust your Stop Loss or your Profit Target, you can simply drag-and-drop it around on the chart. It’s quite effective like that. Make sure you’re clicking on this little gray part of the order.

A few other things on the Mini-Terminal: you can see the spread here. You can see your current position size.

We have these two little icons. The first one is Settings. You can undock the chart and take it outside of MT4 somewhere else on your desktop. You can undock this Mini-Terminal. If you want the Mini-Terminal sitting off the chart, you can do that, too. You can see any Order Tasks that are running. I have one order task because it’s a trailing stop.

My Settings allows me to Add or confirm Quick Buy or Quick Sell on the chart; that’s trading without a confirmation.

Close all for symbols: you put it in non-hedging mode which means that when you sell or buy rather than create a new position, it will close any open existing positions that you have. Click Save.

Finally, we’re at my favorite part of the Mini-Terminal. Click here and we have our Order Template. On our order template, we can select different order types. You can set a Fixed Lot Size, Fixed Cash Risk, Percentage of Equity, or Percentage of Balance.

Percentage of Equity is quite nice. For example, I want the risk at 1% of my equity in my account. It’s going to automatically calculate that based on my stop loss distance here. It allows you to be very consistent in your money management model no matter which currency pair you’re trading. It means you don’t have to do that manual calculation which can be quite difficult to do on your own.

You have different stop loss types: Fixed Price, Cash Risk, Percentage of Equity, and Percentage of Balance.

You have different types of profit methods.

You have a trailing stop. Trailing stops can only be done based on pips.

You have this really cool feature called Order Comment. You can add a note or a magic number to a trade. This is fantastic if you’re running different strategies. What it allows you to do is add a number or a comment to a strategy. Whenever you place a trade from that strategy, you can then report on it separately.

Let’s say you have two strategies: one for breakouts and another for counter-trend.  You can say “assign all breakouts to magic number 1” or “assign counter-trend to magic number 2”. When you do your reporting later, you can report solely on all trades that have either this comment or magic number. You can then save this as a template so you don’t have to add this in each time. Click Save.

If you look at the top, you can see the counter-trend template now appears. I select that and load my counter-trend template and I can place my order just like that. It’s a very effective method of ordering. 

In the old mini terminal you can set up template that allows true one click trading with your stop loss and take profit enter at the same time you buy or sell.    

Another nice feature was that take profit line and stop lose line was easy to see and easily adjusted. 

4x_Gypsy:
Would not a simple script do the same thing?
Look above....   I not a programmer...

MT5     Im very surprised it does not have better functions such as:

a)  A setting if you BUY say 5.00 SPX  and then click SELL 4.00 SPX   it will deduct from what is the current 

balance    there would be 1.00 remaining

b)   When click BUY and order is entered,  you can drag the line on chart down to automatically set a stop,  and if

you drag up it sets a Profit Target

c) Profit Target:   when a certain price is attained on a BUY order, a trailing stop can automatically be set at say 1.00 below the market

Reason: