MINI TERMINAL bring it back !!!

I was told by my broker that Metatrader in the latest update did not include the MINI TERMINAL, one click open positions & one click close all positions. I sure miss this feature and would like it back !! As now, it takes 2 clicks to open, and many many more clicks when you have more then one position open to close all. BRING BACK THE MINI TERMINAL !!!

I would also like to see this feature restored.   

thanks Jorgea, for the support !!

cccw45:
I was told by my broker that Metatrader in the latest update did not include the MINI TERMINAL, one click open positions & one click close all positions. I sure miss this feature and would like it back !! As now, it takes 2 clicks to open, and many many more clicks when you have more then one position open to close all. BRING BACK THE MINI TERMINAL !!!

MetaQuotes never included the Mini Terminal in MT4,  it was added by your Broker,  very possibly in contravention to your Broker's license agreement with MetaQuotes.

If you want the Mini Terminal back you should speak to your Broker about it. 

RaptorUK:

MetaQuotes never included the Mini Terminal in MT4,  it was added by your Broker,  very possibly in contravention to your Broker's license agreement with MetaQuotes.

If you want the Mini Terminal back you should speak to your Broker about it. 

I don´t think it is quite that easy. According to different brokers I have talked to recently it is MetaQuotes who prohibit any broker-side extensions to MT4 now and even technically block them in MT4.

So It is really MQ who would have to change their policy here to either allow extensions like the mini-terminal again or, if there is a security issue (which would be the most plausible reason for them to block it in the first place), implement one by themselves.

As I know a lot of traders who really miss especially the mini-terminal because it had some really nice features like being able to block hedging, to close all open positions with a single click or to set SL and TP levels right when placing an order it might be a good thing for the people at MQ to think about that.

I´m sure that your customers would greatly appreciate it.

tpstrader:

I don´t think it is quite that easy. According to different brokers I have talked to recently it is MetaQuotes who prohibit any broker-side extensions to MT4 now and even technically block them in MT4.

Don't you think these Brokers could offer the MiniTerminal as a User installable EA/DLL combination ?

tpstrader:

I´m sure that your customers would greatly appreciate it.

My customers ?  i don't work for MetaQuotes and don't represent them . . .

RaptorUK:

Don't you think these Brokers could offer the MiniTerminal as a User installable EA/DLL combination ? 

If MQ blocks certain types of EA/DLL and prohibits Brokers from offering Extensions to their customers like they just did, then, no, Brokers can not offer anything like that any more.

You can be sure that the brokers who used to offer free Extensions and advertised them as being an advantage for their own customers over other brokers would be just too glad to continue to do so.

RaptorUK:
My customers ?  i don't work for MetaQuotes and don't represent them . . .

The "your" was not directed at you personally but rather at MQ, so let me slightly rephrase it:

MetaQuotes, I´m sure that your customers would greatly appreciate it.

tpstrader:

If MQ blocks certain types of EA/DLL and prohibits Brokers from offering Extensions to their customers like they just did, then, no, Brokers can not offer anything like that any more.

You can be sure that the brokers who used to offer free Extensions and advertised them as being an advantage for their own customers over other brokers would be just too glad to continue to do so.

I am pretty sure that MQ have not blocked any EAs or DLLs,  you can add an EA to your chart that uses DLL calls . . . what the Brokers did was to bundle their code into the Terminal installation files making them part of MT4,  as far as I am aware,  that is not allowed. 

Well, at least that is how a broker support guy explained it to me, but what you are saying makes absolute sense.

That would also explain why just copying the EA files to another broker´s MT4 installation won´t work.

Does any one know were to find the MT4 mini terminal tools?    This such a great tools made for fast and better way to enter and excute trades in the market.             I found IBFX (US broker) supported it but they are going to close there trading division.     I also found AXI Trader (Australian Broker)  supports the mini terminal and many other robust tools.  But they do not let US citizens can not register with them.    

Any idea who still supporting the Mini Terminal as I need a new broker?

Thank You 

cccw45: 2013.05.29 19:11 I was told by my broker that Metatrader in the latest update did not include the MINI TERMINAL, one click open positions & one click close all positions. I sure miss this feature and would like it back !! As now, it takes 2 clicks to open, and many many more clicks when you have more then one position open to close all. BRING BACK THE MINI TERMINAL !!!
mikeyoung: Does any one know were to find the MT4 mini terminal tools?  
  1. It was removed because it was custom (from brokers, not from Metaquotes.) They didn't want to have to support hundreds of different MT4 terminals.
  2. Mini-terminal no longer exists.
  3. Use the one click trading built in (alt-T) for the last two years.
  4. Next time press F1 and read the user guide: terminal -> Trading -> Trading on Chart.
Reason: