Backtest with Build 500

Hi!

Since i have the Build 500 i cant backtest with birts patch anymore! After i downloaded a terminal.exe of the Build 445 i can use birts again, but i get this error:

executable file is corrupted. Please recompile it.

If i understand ir correctly i need to recompile my EA with the Build 445?! The questions now is where do i get MetaEditor with Build 445 or how do you backtest your EA with the Build 500?

Gismooo:

Hi!

Since i have the Build 500 i cant backtest with birts patch anymore! After i downloaded a terminal.exe of the Build 445 i can use birts again, but i get this error:

executable file is corrupted. Please recompile it.

If i understand ir correctly i need to recompile my EA with the Build 445?! The questions now is where do i get MetaEditor with Build 445 or how do you backtest your EA with the Build 500?

Two options,  don't use tick data or give Birt some money.

Hey Raptor!

The second options is not possible because im a poor student -.-"

Can you explain the first options?

Gismooo:

Hey Raptor!

The second options is not possible because im a poor student -.-"

Can you explain the first options?

Use the standard MT4 Strategy Tester with M1 data.

Well im trying it atm but i dont get data in M1 till 09.05.2013... Even if i click on download i dont get more...

Do you have any advice for it?

Gismooo:

Well im trying it atm but i dont get data in M1 till 09.05.2013... Even if i click on download i dont get more...

Do you have any advice for it?

Get data from somewhere else,  for example get tick data and convert it to M1 to MN1.  There are plenty of discussions on this forum about data sources,  use the search or use google with mql4

I did it and my backtest needs now 4 times longer then with birts?! Is that normal?

Gismooo:
I did it and my backtest needs now 4 times longer then with birts?! Is that normal?
It depends on the tick count for each M1 bar,  if there are more ticks than in your tick data then yes it will take longer.

Is it possible to download tick data and convert it to M5 and M30 with the period converter?

Btw thx for your help :) thumps up!

Gismooo:

Is it possible to download tick data and convert it to M5 and M30 with the period converter?

Btw thx for your help :) thumps up!

Use CSV2FXT it creates the fxt file,  which you don't need, and all the timeframes from M1 to MN1

Your files are compiled with build 500 and build 445 cannot decrypt them. You need install MetaLang.exe build 445 in addition to Terminal.exe.

Then delete all the mqlcache.dat files in the expert/.. folders.

Restart Mt4.

This will force MT4 to recompile all the files in the experts folders. After this all the *.ex4 files should be compatible with build 445.

Reason: