Metaeditor not compiling

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum so please bear with me if this is a real stupid question.

Basically I am trying to compile a EA within Metaeditor. However, it doesn't seem to be working, it says it is compiling and there is 0 errors and 0 warnings. It has been compiling for about 24 hours now and still nothing has happened. I have tried refreshing it numerous times and have also removed Metaeditor and reloaded it.

What is wrong with it? 

Thanks in advance

Steakeater 

Steakeater:

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum so please bear with me if this is a real stupid question.

Basically I am trying to compile a EA within Metaeditor. However, it doesn't seem to be working, it says it is compiling and there is 0 errors and 0 warnings. 

That means it has finished . . .  and the code is compiled with "0 errors and 0 warnings" . . .   what did you expect to happen next ?

RaptorUK:
That means it has finished . . .  and the code is compiled with "0 errors and 0 warnings" . . .   what did you expect to happen next ?

I expected it to appear within the navigator? It has not done this yet. 

Steakeater:

I expected it to appear within the navigator? It has not done this yet. 
Is the EA in the experts  folder within the MT4 folder structure ?  did you restart MT4 ?  is your MT4 installed outside of Program Files ?

No the EA is not within the "Expert Advisors" folder in MT4, just tried restarting MT4 and made no difference. MT4 is simply installed under "Programs and Features", is that what you meant?

Cheers 

Steakeater:

No the EA is not within the "Expert Advisors" folder in MT4, just tried restarting MT4 and made no difference. MT4 is simply installed under "Programs and Features", is that what you meant?

The EA needs to be in the correct folder/directory to be recognized as an EA,  it must be in the /experts/  folder/directory,  there is no folder/directory called Expert Advisors,  there is a sub category in the Navigator but that is something different.  What folder/directory is MT4 installed in ?  on your hard drive,  which folder/directory ?

Steakeater: MT4 is simply installed under "Programs and Features", is that what you meant?
Programs and Features is NOT a directory, it's a GUI button.

Uninstall the terminal and install in a non "\program files*" directory like \mt4. Then move your EA to the <install directory>\experts\ folder.

My MT4 is on the c drive under downloads. The EA which I am trying to compile is also in the same location. 

Steakeater:

My MT4 is on the c drive under downloads. The EA which I am trying to compile is also in the same location. 

RaptorUK:
The EA needs to be in the correct folder/directory to be recognized as an EA,  it must be in the /experts/  folder/directory,  there is no folder/directory called Expert Advisors,  there is a sub category in the Navigator but that is something different.  What folder/directory is MT4 installed in ?  on your hard drive,  which folder/directory ?

You don't seem to understand what a folder/directory is . . .  this is beyond the scope of this Forum,  you need to learn about this for yourself.

I have got it compiled and is now on my MT4 platform! Thank you very much for the help guys! Much much appreciated!

Steakeater 

Reason: