Performance Strategy Tester using Windows 8 - page 3

RaptorUK:

I just let the original version run for the same date range as I ran my modified version for a back to back comparison,  it took the same number of trades, some of the profits/losses were a tiny bit different, I assume due to a difference in spread.

Timings:  

Modified version  -   Started  12:58:39  Finished  13:00:19   Duration   1 min 40 seconds

Original version  -  Started  13:35:35   Finished  17:10:46  Duration  3 hrs 35 mins

Improvement    130 x quicker

Just FYI, one of the reasons I have a hard time with this EA is that once compiling it never updated the EA on the chart - and still doesn't. I may see it update the EA very rarely. Now that I have Windows 8, when I compile an EA that is doing a forward test - the EA does not show any changes made so of course I must remove the EA and drop the EA (and set the magic number) again.

I see a few new things you did there..Trailing stop and sound don't work too well yet..

Subgenius:

Just FYI, one of the reasons I have a hard time with this EA is that once compiling it never updated the EA on the chart - and still doesn't. I may see it update the EA very rarely. Now that I have Windows 8, when I compile an EA that is doing a forward test - the EA does not show any changes made so of course I must remove the EA and drop the EA (and set the magic number) again.

I see a few new things you did there..Trailing stop and sound don't work too well yet..

The biggest time gain will be from calling your 2 functions once per bar . . . the other change was using the #defines and comparing ints instead of strings . . . the rest was just so I could follow your code.

What happened to the speed control in the Strategy Tester?

Deuteronomy818:
What happened to the speed control in the Strategy Tester?
Nothing. You have to increase the size of the window, the control is hidden.
Reason: