Connecting to mt4 server directly with out the client terminal by writing your own script , is this possible ?

Is having a script that connects to the MT4 server and performs trading operations , basically can connect to MT4 server directly without running MT4 client platform, possible…?

Something like a PHP script to work instead of the MT4 platform but not like a web application though, rather it should be able to run/execute from the command line and run under Linux.  Can anyone tell me the best possible solution , or rather if this is even possible or not ?

Yes, it goes like send request  client/code in format -weiter.ferner- for exact connection and extensions define the rest in /adding++ data like (target..from..pass), but I suspect ever the complete code even for the quotes request will be available in public because of wider security of other things also (but it is not secret to know it).

So where can I find the API and the development documentation?

PCWalker:

There are no public api for direct connect to the trader server without a client terminal.

Only mql4/5-way

Me too, I would like to connect mt4 server without the client terminal.
No update ?

joelpouliquen:Me too, I would like to connect mt4 server without the client terminal. No update ?

What part of “There are no public API” was unclear to you?
          Metatrader API - MQL4 programming forum (2017.11.05)

Reason: