Problem with MT4 installation

hello friends.

I have a problem to install the MetaTrader 4 (see also attachment). It should run on Win7 but the installation stops on the second step. The internet options are all set as low and the firewalls are inactiv. Nevertheless the installation isn´t possible. Do you have any further suggestions?

screenshot

scotar:

hello friends.

I have a problem to install the MetaTrader 4 (see also attachment). It should run on Win7 but the installation stops on the second step. The internet options are all set as low and the firewalls are inactiv. Nevertheless the installation isn´t possible. Do you have any further suggestions?

What does your Broker have to say ?

RaptorUK:
What does your Broker have to say ?

The technical support has no idea, only the proposal to check the firewall and the internet options.

scotar:

The technical support has no idea, only the proposal to check the firewall and the internet options.
How do you connect to the Internet ?  what devices do you use ?

RaptorUK:

The computer is a medion- akoya P7700D  and the internet connection is dsl with 16000Mbits.

scotar:
RaptorUK:

The computer is a medion- akoya P7700D  and the internet connection is dsl with 16000Mbits.
DSL,  so how do you establish a DSL connection ?  you didn't say which device you use.  Many ADSL routers have Firewall functionality built in,  you said   "and the firewalls are inactiv"   does this include the ADSL router ?

Running the installation file in windows 98 compatibility mode solved my problem.
Reason: