general EA question

hi,

I've programmed an EA which seems to get good results only for EUR/USD (on other pairs the balance gets to 0 quite fast)

Is it reliable? should I use it ?   

thanks 

test period 2001 - 2010 

sergeyrar:

hi,

I've programmed an EA which seems to get good results only for EUR/USD (on other pairs the balance gets to 0 quite fast)

Is it reliable? should I use it ?   

thanks 

Asking other people not knowing what you programmed yourself.

That looks to me you don't trust it yourself,  in that case think  you know the answer...

I do trust my EA,

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/6564/12314.jpg

these results reflect only EUR/USD

for other pairs it goes to 0

the question is, 

Is it OK for an EA to work only for one pair? will it be considered reliable ?  

Sergey,

Past results don't promise repeated future results. Your call pro :)

Good job for writing an EA showing an upward slope in the tester. Usually its not so pretty ;)

Thank you

Not every EA suit for every currency pair, one pair is enough.

Yeah, all currencies have one thing in common, price. With that said, backtests can be deceiving on occasion.

This backtest snapshot was a strategy I believed would have held its own but later decided the code logic was too unreliable for future market environments.

I consider profit consistency as the head of a strategies priority.

backtest

backtest results

Thank you

FXEWEN:
Not every EA suit for every currency pair, one pair is enough.

what does it depend on ?  what are the characteristics of such an EA (which suits only for one currency pair) ?

maybe it was just luck (fot 10 years... but hey.. )

My EA uses a 218 period moving average on 15M time frame 

each time the price crosses that MA from below/above it goes long/short for a run of 350 pips with a SL of 20 pips

so , its purpose is to catch long trends!

its strange to me that it works only on EUR/USD, other pairs also occasionally take a direction (gbp/usd for example).

WhooDoo22:

Yeah, all currencies have one thing in common, price. With that said, backtests can be deceiving on occasion.

This backtest snapshot was a strategy I believed would have held its own but later decided the code logic was too unreliable for future market environments.

I consider profit consistency as the head of a strategies priority.

Thank you

why is it unreliable?

technical analysis remains the same.

traders psychology still the same.

why do you think backtests don't reflect future moves? the whole idea of technical analysis is to see what worked on past data and apply that on present data.

or is there something else I'm missing here?

thanks. 

Cool Sergeyrar!

you got so excellent result in your back test record.  

chapmann:

Cool Sergeyrar!

you got so excellent result in your back test record.  

thanks chapmann!

It indeed seems to be quite stable on EUR/USD. 

But still need answers to my questions ! 

Reason: