Is there a way to retrieve the "combinations" of indicators that you have put together to watch your pairs when MT4 stops working?

Hello Everyone, 

I have have spent all of my life trying to put the right indicators together for the best result; however, for some odd reason my Metatrader has stopped working on Windows 8.  I was wondering if anyone in here happens to know in what folder Metatrader keeps the indicators that you have put together to watch your pairs. I did not make templates of them, so they are all gone.  I have to uninstall and reinstall, but I would to save all the combinations of the indicators that I have put together.  I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me.

Thank so very much

Aroldgre 

aroldgre:

Hello Everyone, 

I have have spent all of my life trying to put the right indicators together for the best result; however, for some odd reason my Metatrader has stopped working on Windows 8.  I was wondering if anyone in here happens to know in what folder Metatrader keeps the indicators that you have put together to watch your pairs. I did not make templates of them, so they are all gone.  I have to uninstall and reinstall, but I would to save all the combinations of the indicators that I have put together.  I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me.

Thank so very much

Aroldgre 

arold,

I'm still runnin' Win.7 (living in the "stone-age") :) I gotta pick up a copy of Win.8 at a store soon so I can keep up with these next gen. users.

For me,  indicators are located in directory: Computer -> OS (C:) -> Program Files (x86) -> MetaTrader ->experts -> indicators. I assume Win.8 isn't too different. These OSs have been storing files more/less the same even since Win.XP days.

Hope this was helpful.

Thank you

And because of UAC and that Mt4 was written for XP, you should not install in \program files* on Vista/Win7. Prob not Win8.

William,

Yeah, I haven't had any user access control issues since my installation of MT4 to Program Files (x86). I don't believe just because I haven't had issues means future issues won't present themselves.

What directory would you recommend installation of MT4 on Win.7 or Win.8 and why install it there? I'd consider installing MT4 to a different directory (not Program Files (x86)) when I install Win.8 in the future.

Thank you

Reason: