Hotforex ECN Different Spread in the "Market Watch": 4 Points and the Chart: 15 Points - page 2

WHRoeder:

The image shows at the moment of capture the spread was 3 points (1.33131-1.33128) but one tick back (where the lines touch the red box) the Ask was higher (~1.33133) and Bid lower (~1.33127) for a spread of ~5 points.

You're dealing with a variable spread broker. The MOMENT you opened the order box you captured the spread at that moment. Of course market watch doesn't agree.

The max value on the chart during the last 4 bars has been 1.33122  the tick chart has been higher than that . . .  I think the data are from different Brokers.

If I'm not mistaken switching a Terminal from one Broker to another is more involved than simply changing the Server and user ID and password . . . 

Change your broker, your broker "fix" their own MT4, I've seen that before.

Hi again,

now that the market has opened again I could check the prices. In the chart Bid is constantly 6 Points below, Ask 5 Points above the equiv. prices of Market Watch, but if I let my indicator show Ask, Bid and their spread (difference) I get the prices of the Market Watch window.

So it is not HotForex but a bug or a feature of the MT4.

cu gooly

I noticed a similar problem with other brokers.  The example photo is from Forex.com mt4 b840.  Instead of using the order window, I used the terminal.  The 'terminal', market watch, and all EA/indicator spread prices seem to reflect the 'real' ask prices and therefore real spread;  the chart has fake askprices.  I cannot say if the chart price is lagging behind a couple of ticks, as the chart spread will be off for a long time.  It looks more like a completely different price feed for the chart ask price.

mql4 metatrader 4 chart ask price bug

Why does this problem exist? I am using VPS with win2008 R2, 64 bit, 4 cores and 2.5gb ram (over 1/2 free), usually 0-4ms from broker, with some brokers up to 80ms.  Demo or Live it doesn't matter.

I use EAs so the functions pull the bid/ask price from the market wtch feed directly.  It is the mt4 ask like that seems to be confused about what the real ask price is.

It is a way to integrate the commission in the charts so that it could be the same chart of a non ECN-acccount without commission => one chart for different account types - my guess!

Content removed - negative discussion of Brokers is not allowed

nehalpedrol:

Really? Do you mean the chart stops advancing and still accepts orders? That would kill them, I am afraid.

BTW, this thread is not about Hotforex, but rather about how the chart display differs from quotes.

I've noticed this with multiple brokers. Some have the bid-ask spreads tighter than the chart and some set them wider. I'm sure there is a reason, but I can only guess, which is that the chart data is coming from a different server than the broker's actual Bids.

Here's a simple equation to find out how much (if any) your broker chart differs from your actual broker bid. I put this in all of my EAs and use bidAdj whenever I need to compare actual prices to the chart data.

double bidAdj = Close[0] - Bid;

Be careful of the sign. If your broker has narrower spreads than the chart this number will be negative. And if they are wider, it will be positive. Note, this number is to adjust the chart Bid/price only. If you want to know the full chart spread then you should double this number, since I've found that the amount the Bid is off is the same as the amount that the Ask is off, but in the other direction.

Mathematically, you would add bidAdj to convert from (or compare) chart data to actual. Subtract bidAdj to convert from (or compare) actual Bid to chart values.

One more interesting point. During EA testing the chart data is used rather than the brokers actual bid prices. But using this equation results in a 0 difference. Therefore, it's safe to always use this adjustment factor.

Never stop coding!

Ovo:

Really? Do you mean the chart stops advancing and still accepts orders? That would kill them, I am afraid.

BTW, this thread is not about Hotforex, but rather about how the chart display differs from quotes.

Yes, MQ allow price feed on chart to be different than what terminal/market watch display.  But there is no advantage to the trader for doing it this way.  It only creates more confusion, especially if a screenshot needs to be submitted to broker about mispricing.

Reason: