Hotforex ECN Different Spread in the "Market Watch": 4 Points and the Chart: 15 Points

Hotforec ECN-Demo-Account

Hi,

while watching the prices in order to compare them to other brokers I had to realize that in the Market-Watch-window and the Order-window (F9) different prices are shown than in the main Chart-Window??

Please see at the attached snapshot.

The Market-Watch- and the Order-window show both: Ask=1.33174, Bid=1.33170 => spread=4 Points while the Chart-window shows Ask=1.33179, Bid=1.33164 => spread=15 Points.
Beside that you have to pay a commission of 10$ per lot, which is another 10 Points. I have not seen anything like this elsewhere before!

Of course I will contact Hotforex but beside that how is it possible to have two different Ask and Bid prices in the same MT4 at the same time?

Do I understand it correctly that if I trade manually the 4 Point spread will valid while the broad spread will be valid for my EAs?

Thanks in advance for your patience..

Gooly

gooly:

Of course I will contact Hotforex but beside that how is it possible to have two different Ask and Bid prices in the same MT4 at the same time?

Do I understand it correctly that if I trade manually the 4 Point spread will valid while the broad spread will be valid for my EAs?

This Forum is about coding mql4 and EA not about discussing Brokers . . . but you should try the same test when the Markets are actually open.

RaptorUK:
This Forum is about coding mql4 and EA not about discussing Brokers . . . but you should try the same test when the Markets are actually open.

Hi RaptorUK:

I saw that yesterday during the whole day!
Here is another example from 19:49:

Different Bid and Ask Different Spreads

Here I had 3 Point-spread in the Market-Watch and 14 Points in the Chat-window. But I did not thought of the Order-window.
Anyway I assume it would have shown the prices of Market-Watch.

Well of course my question is not about coding, but how can the MT4 show different prices the same moment? And what will be effect for my (coded) EAs?

gooly:

Well of course my question is not about coding, but how can the MT4 show different prices the same moment? And what will be effect for my (coded) EAs?

Maybe you have something running on your chart that is slowing it down ?  although if you did I think that should lock-up MT4.  I have never seen anything like that.  Try it when the markets open and without your Indicator on the chart . . .

RaptorUK:
Maybe you have something running on your chart that is slowing it down ?  although if you did I think that should lock-up MT4.  I have never seen anything like that.  Try it when the markets open and without your Indicator on the chart . . .

No!

I switched between all my account Demo and Real with several brokers after I realized that (right bottom of the MT4 window, mouse click,  Login..). I didn't see anything like that and everything in the chart window stayed the same, obviously!

May be it's bug in MT4 to enable that? Or is Hotforex cheating?

gooly:

No!

I switched between all my account Demo and Real with several brokers after I realized that (right bottom of the MT4 window, mouse click,  Login..). I didn't see anything like that and everything in the chart window stayed the same, obviously!

Switched between different Brokers ?  on the same Terminal ?  how are you doing that ?

RaptorUK:
Switched between different Brokers ?  on the same Terminal ?  how are you doing that ?

Presumably like I often do (Just for everyone's info).

If you open the a/c log in dialogue you can specify the alternative broker's server address and it will 'remember' it, along with the log in details so you can just select which a/c you want from the list under 'Accounts' in the navigator window. They could all be different brokers if you use several, so there's no need to download a 'bespoke' MT4 from each broker.

Regards, Paul.

gooly:

No!

I'm not with HotForex but those very long wicks during the last few minutes do look very suspicious to me.

I've not noticed such differences in spread as you've shown with my regular brokers but you should definitely contact them and ask why.

Regards, Paul.

paul_hughes:

Presumably like I often do (Just for everyone's info).

If you open the a/c log in dialogue you can specify the alternative broker's server address and it will 'remember' it, along with the log in details so you can just select which a/c you want from the list under 'Accounts' in the navigator window. They could all be different brokers if you use several, so there's no need to download a 'bespoke' MT4 from each broker.

Just been for a walk in the snow  . . .  and I suddenly wondered, maybe the chart data is from a different Broker than the tick chart ?  it would certainly explain the difference. 

Variable spreads

The image shows at the moment of capture the spread was 3 points (1.33131-1.33128) but one tick back (where the lines touch the red box) the Ask was higher (~1.33133) and Bid lower (~1.33127) for a spread of ~5 points.

You're dealing with a variable spread broker. The MOMENT you opened the order box you captured the spread at that moment. Of course market watch doesn't agree.

WHRoeder:

The image shows at the moment of capture the spread was 3 points (1.33131-1.33128) but one tick back (where the lines touch the red box) the Ask was higher (~1.33133) and Bid lower (~1.33127) for a spread of ~5 points.

You're dealing with a variable spread broker. The MOMENT you opened the order box you captured the spread at that moment. Of course market watch doesn't agree.

After I recognized the spread difference yesterday I was watching seriously the prices and I realized that when ever I was looking at the HotForex-spreads the Chart-Bid was about 6 Points below and the Chart-Ask about 5 Point above the prices of Market-Watch.

So to me the additional 11 Point-spread cannot be a temporary spread-widening but must be a systematic bug or correction.

But still the question is open, why does the MT4 client (still build 445) allows or accepts this?

Reason: