open/high/low/close indicator

Is it possible for anyone to point me in the direction of an indicator that will still stay on my chart and show me the open/high/low/close of the previous bar?

You mean Candles and Bars don't work for you?

iannai69: Is it possible for anyone to point me in the direction of an indicator that will still stay on my chart and show me the open/high/low/close of the previous bar?
  1. Put your mouse over the previous bar and look at the bottom of the terminal, or open data window (control-D) and look there.
  2. If you don't mean "the previous bar" but the last few bars, try Market Flow Analysis Method (MFAM) Indicator for Price Action - MQL4 Code Base

Thanks WHRoeder, very usefull. I saw an indicator that showed a box in the bottom corner that showed the last bars o/c/h/l. Candles and bars do work for me ubzen but i have a specific indicator that requires quick mathmatics of the previous bar to the current bar to give the supply and demand pressure. rather than having to use the mouse to highlight current and previous bars it would make my strategy much easier to have this info permantly on the chart and constantly updated?

1. You saw one? Then use it. We're not going to go searching across the entire Internet for it just because you are too lazy to do it yourself.
  2. Or, code your own an indicator that uses your math to give you the results.

well thanks for your friendly words. If i could find it, i would have done. I've spent hours looking with no results, i wasnt asking you to trawl the internet on my behalf, for from it but help is what i was asking for! And if i knew how to code one myself i wouldnt be posting in a forum i thought was for helping people, especially beginners??

iannai69:
Thanks WHRoeder, very usefull. I saw an indicator that showed a box in the bottom corner that showed the last bars o/c/h/l. Candles and bars do work for me ubzen but i have a specific indicator that requires quick mathmatics of the previous bar to the current bar to give the supply and demand pressure. rather than having to use the mouse to highlight current and previous bars it would make my strategy much easier to have this info permantly on the chart and constantly updated?
Why not simply build the information into your Indicator then you don't need to type it in anywhere . . . 

iannai69:
well thanks for your friendly words. If i could find it, i would have done. I've spent hours looking with no results, i wasnt asking you to trawl the internet on my behalf, for from it but help is what i was asking for! And if i knew how to code one myself i wouldnt be posting in a forum i thought was for helping people, especially beginners??
  1. "i wasnt asking you to trawl the internet on my behalf," You did: "point me in the direction of an indicator that will"
  2. "a forum i thought was for helping people" When you registered, perhaps you missed the part about Any discussions except of concerning MetaQuotes Language 4 and auto trading are forbidden. You're off topic. You posted NO CODE.
  3. "if i knew how to code one myself" Since there are no slaves here, you have only three choices: Search for it, learn to code it, or pay someone. We're not going to code it FOR you. We are willing to HELP you when you post your attempt and the nature of your problem.

iannai69:

Unfortunately, this forum is designed for helping people who show allot of effort on their part for learning to code mql4. If I could make a request and someone here would code it, I'd never learn to code. I would still be making requests and WHRoeder would still be making my custom-indicators and expert-advisors along with everyone else's who have better things to-do with their time.

The Indicator you're looking for is quite simple to make for a beginner Imo. In about 3-weeks of learning how to develop an Indicator [maybe faster depending on your ability]. So you see, your options are quite simple. Learn, Pay-Someone, or become really good at Searching. Oh- you might get lucky and someone would write it for you [since it so simple] but don't hold your breath.

I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Hope I was nice enough in conveying the message.

ubzen:

Unfortunately, this forum is designed for helping people who show allot of effort on their part for learning to code mql4. If I could make a request and someone here would code it, I'd never learn to code. I would still be making requests and WHRoeder would still be making my custom-indicators and expert-advisors along with everyone else's who have better things to-do with their time.

The Indicator you're looking for is quite simple to make for a beginner Imo. In about 3-weeks of learning how to develop an Indicator [maybe faster depending on your ability]. So you see, your options are quite simple. Learn, Pay-Someone, or become really good at Searching. Oh- you might get lucky and someone would write it for you [since it so simple] but don't hold your breath.

I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Hope I was nice enough in conveying the message.

Ok, i get the picture now thanks ubzen, could have been a bit less harsh though WHRoeder. Suppose i did miss Any discussions except of concerning MetaQuotes Language 4 and auto trading are forbidden. So perhaps i should change my style of posting, i am still new and at every availible opportunity am trying to learn, i have only just started to address backtesting and coding so am not an expert like you guys.

I apologise if my posts if they where of topic, as i said i will en devour to change this. I do need to ask though as i am not efficient in programme writing yet, what are the rules on posting other indicators or EA's not made by myself to ask for help or adapt them to my own needs?

I have some ideas what i want to do but dont know where to start, that is what this forum is for isn't it? But again, are there rules that i can only post my own work?

iannai69:

Ok, i get the picture now thanks ubzen, could have been a bit less harsh though WHRoeder. Suppose i did miss Any discussions except of concerning MetaQuotes Language 4 and auto trading are forbidden. So perhaps i should change my style of posting, i am still new and at every availible opportunity am trying to learn, i have only just started to address backtesting and coding so am not an expert like you guys.

I apologise if my posts if they where of topic, as i said i will en devour to change this. I do need to ask though as i am not efficient in programme writing yet, what are the rules on posting other indicators or EA's not made by myself to ask for help or adapt them to my own needs?

If you have a legitimate license to have the code for the EA or Indicator you are posting and permission to change it then there is no problem posting it here and asking for help when you are stuck.
Reason: