Using The Same EA To Open Orders On Multiple Symbols - page 2

ubzen:
@WHRoeder

Obviously I dis-agree. He should have the option. For multi-currency "Pre-Defined" variables just don't cut-it. itime(), marketinfo_bid, marketinfo_digit, etc. Put the EA on one chart and done. :)

He does have the option, open a chart and add the EA.

He doesn't have the option when it trades multiple pairs. Then there is when the EA runs. Start is called only on a new tick of the chart. Not a new tick of the other chart.

WHRoeder:

He does have the option, open a chart and add the EA.

He doesn't have the option when it trades multiple pairs. Then there is when the EA runs. Start is called only on a new tick of the chart. Not a new tick of the other chart.

The multi-currency version does-not stop him from opening a chart and adding that same Expert to it. The single chart is better than the multi-chart because of reduced processing for multi-currency experts. No need to tell people "don't trade single chart multi-currency". 

ubzen:

The multi-currency version does-not stop him from opening a chart and adding that same Expert to it.

The single chart is better than the multi-chart because of reduced processing for multi-currency experts. No need to tell people "don't trade single chart multi-currency". 

1. Can't do that. It would be opening multiple trades per pair, one per each chart.
  2. It increases processing. It must poll every pair every n Seconds to see if the other pairs have changed. As opposed to wait for start(), and decide on the one.

Hello everybody,

Everything depends on the algorithm used in trading. If using ticks or is working on new bars.

It seems quite possible to have an EA addressing multiple pairs provided is based on the new bars. Just use the iOpen, iClose, etc ... However I found that for this to work we need pairs used with these functions must appear in the Market Watch window. Also, it is best to place the EA on EURUSD, pair that is generating the most ticks.

For EA multipairs taking decisons opening position from ticks then MT4 can not handle it (since that does not receive the ticks of a pair). Against by MT5 can manage this, because there is a technique to receive ticks from several pairs by an EA placed on a single chart (https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/159).

WHRoeder:
  1. Can't do that. It would be opening multiple trades per pair, one per each chart.
  2. It increases processing. It must poll every pair every n Seconds to see if the other pairs have changed. As opposed to wait for start(), and decide on the one.

1. Well mines don't. I know how to check if(Order_Symbol_Exist){Before_Placing_Orders;} 8P

2. Duh. Thank you for explaining what happens when you attach to multiple Charts. I don't. 8P

-The Expert is not like Indicators, It'll ignore it's own ticks while it's processing. It'll not receive all ticks, remember why you tell people not to use Volume()==1. So much for not missing ticks.

angevoyageur:

Hello everybody,

Everything depends on the algorithm used in trading. If using ticks or is working on new bars.

It seems quite possible to have an EA addressing multiple pairs provided is based on the new bars. Just use the iOpen, iClose, etc ... However I found that for this to work we need pairs used with these functions must appear in the Market Watch window. Also, it is best to place the EA on EURUSD, pair that is generating the most ticks.

For EA multipairs taking decisons opening position from ticks then MT4 can not handle it (since that does not receive the ticks of a pair). Against by MT5 can manage this, because there is a technique to receive ticks from several pairs by an EA placed on a single chart (https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/159).

Yeah this is what I'm saying. But don't let the miss tick people hear you talking about new_bar they're really gonna flip now.

ubzen:

Here's an example with my multi-currency template. Here.

Thanks. I think the problem is mt4 doesn't support multicurrency strategy testing which is the problem but I expect it will work when attached to a live demo account

Thanks for all the help. I appreciate it.

Reason: