HA candles on MT4

Hi, 

This is my first post, so sorry if I am asking something I shouldn't be or in the wrong place..

I have 0 programming knowledge but have found some one online that is helping me.

I really do not trust programs (as one that knows nothing about programming should).

While trading off the advanced metatrader4 platform and taking signals from the more colourful Think or swim platform it is clear that there is probably a gap between the 2 platforms and data sets. 

I imagine that Heinkin Ashi candles have a universal formulae.  But I cant help but be reserved about using a program that will recreate Think of Swim like HA candles on to my MT4 platform.

Why so reserved ? I have opted to manually back test so I have full confidence in my entries and exits. This was a lot of work but I am paranoid about programming errors as they will be unfixable. 

Does any one know the best place or the best way to re create these candles ?  I imagine there is an existing program out there. But I need some thing that I can have full confidence in.

I notice that my think or swim candles close at a different time then my MT4 candles. there are probably other things I am over looking.

What should I look out for ?  Where can I download a trustable program to make the charts. 

The big problems I will catch , it is the little ones that I dont know about that will eat me alive.

Thank you for your help and glad to join the community  

heikin_ashi. The platform now come default with heiken_ashi custom indicator. In the end my conclusion was that I needed to learn to code. Given the set of questions you have above, that's the short answer I have for you.

ubzen:

heikin_ashi. The platform now come default with heiken_ashi custom indicator. In the end my conclusion was that I needed to learn to code. Given the set of questions you have above, that's the short answer I have for you.

Thanks ubzen. I agree, but I need just enough for now to trade semi automatically. I am using excell and another platform for entry. Its messy but hopefully I can integrate it all on to MT4 one day. For now, It may be easier to have excel communicate with MT4 and use myself to fill in the blanks. Thanks for the link. With hoe clueless I am, you probably saved me a few weeks of being lost lol ! 

I tried the indicator. It is perfect !  I noticed when I loaded it up it asked me to allow external experts imports and or DLL imports. I will have a look in to this and if it is possible to change to the time daily candles open. 

What I did notice is that the HA candles seem to be superimposed on regular candles ! I can see little green horizontal lines like the ones that represent open and close one a regular candle stick !

Is this actually real candle data that is not based on any averages ? If so that would be great as it was something I was very worried about, It seems like the HA candles do not in anyway represent true price at a given time.

This would mean that one can have a HA candle at 1.03 but execution price could be 1.10 at that time. 

Here's the main part of the actual Heikin_Ashi indicator. I don't see any averages in terms of iMA[moving averages]. Looks to be based on Open_High_Low_Close info, but I don't use indicators much.

while(pos>=0)
     {
      haOpen=(ExtMapBuffer3[pos+1]+ExtMapBuffer4[pos+1])/2;
      haClose=(Open[pos]+High[pos]+Low[pos]+Close[pos])/4;
      haHigh=MathMax(High[pos], MathMax(haOpen, haClose));
      haLow=MathMin(Low[pos], MathMin(haOpen, haClose));
      if (haOpen<haClose) 
        {
         ExtMapBuffer1[pos]=haLow;
         ExtMapBuffer2[pos]=haHigh;
        } 
      else
        {
         ExtMapBuffer1[pos]=haHigh;
         ExtMapBuffer2[pos]=haLow;
        } 
      ExtMapBuffer3[pos]=haOpen;
      ExtMapBuffer4[pos]=haClose;
           pos--;
     }

Is that the complete code ! Its just a few lines and somewhat understandable. It cant be that easy to understand a code can it?

Ther must be a bunch of stuff missing, like candle shape and color. I was having trouble reading the HA charts with the real candles superimposed on top this was easily fixed by going in to properties and switching from candles to line. Now I have a line of closes going through me HA candles (always good to have).

Kinda new here but the forum gives me an error when ever I try to post a new topic ? 

It's about 1/3 the size of the entire code. I was surprised too as coding had less lines than I expected. You can change the Color of your Chart-Bars to blend into the Chart-BackGround [Sounds like you're already doing something similar]. What type of error do you receive?

The error message is below, apparently I can reply but not post new ones. Also the forum is very different then what I am used to. There is no sticky about the forum itself I would like to log my steps in a blog like way and get advice on things so other people can maybe help or learn. Can I just start a new thread and call it mine ? 

The error message when trying to enter a new topic is 

I have tried different topic titiles and bodies to rule out number #1 and I have waited over hours before retrying, I am however a new user but this topic/thread was accepted right away.

Thanks for the help I appreciate it ! 

Unfortunately, your message cannot be added due to any of the following reasons:
1) the entry has already existed
2) there have been limits for non-approved users
3) the message interval has not reached 30 sec.

Yeah I tried that again and logged out and back in still get the same error Ill try to figure it out but thanks for trying 

temptraitor:
Yeah I tried that again and logged out and back in still get the same error Ill try to figure it out but thanks for trying 
Recommend trying a different Web-Browser if you have another. You are giving the new topic a different title - right?
Reason: