History Data Incomplete

Ive tried to download data (History Center) from 3 different brokers (all of them subscribe to Alpari history) and I keep getting incomplete data.

Im getting 1993 up to 2011 then part of January 2012 followed by a huge gap until the past few days of December 2012. 

But on the charts I dont see this gap. Anyone else having this problem? Any solution?

Please save your smart ass comments for yourself and please no wild goose chases. 

This is a serious problem thats been going on for months!

hkjonus:

Ive tried to download data (History Center) from 3 different brokers (all of them subscribe to Alpari history) and I keep getting incomplete data.

Im getting 1993 up to 2011 then part of January 2012 followed by a huge gap until the past few days of December 2012. 

But on the charts I dont see this gap. Anyone else having this problem? Any solution?

Please save your smart ass comments for yourself and please no wild goose chases. 

This is a serious problem thats been going on for months!

What does your Brokers have to say about this issue ?  if the data is being pulled from Alpari,  which I doubt,  then it is their responsibility.

Sorry, its Metaquotes data according to the History Centers message box. Anyway, that said, arent most brokers using the Metaquotes as the download source? 

The problem is an exporting one. The Hist center will show only a couple dozen 1m frames from Dec 2012 then drops back to Jan 2012. But if you go to a 1m chart, its all there with no gaps.

Well, I export the data and load it into my own software from backtesting. Yes, I have my own backtesting software, custom written in VB. I can optimize a 15 parameter EA in about 1 hour. 

Try that in MT4 !!! But I cant optimize Jack without full data. Anyway I dont always need the data in mt4 to match exactly what I load into my software, but for debugging I do.

Ive tried other exports of data from past downloads but get mixed results Importing into Hist Center. The whole data/download "system" is a black box. Never know what its gonna do.

Sometimes Importing works, sometimes it doesnt. Sometimes you have to close it and close MT4 completely then it will load.

hkjonus:

Raptor- lets say I grab some Forextester data. Can you give me exact intructions on loading it successfully? 

I can help you understand the process you need to go through . . . .  if you understand what is going on you don't need step by step instructions.

There is already some info here:  https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/124983/page3#724678 

Had this problem too. Also solution : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/141245
Reason: