MT4 MACD onto RSI line - How do I recreate the scaling - page 2

ReaDOnlY:

I think my point is still misunderstood. I am trying to understand what code MT4 uses to place two different scaled items on one graph visually.  
It will auto scale the Y axis based on the range of values it wants to plot . . .  using the crossing of two lines drawn on auto scaled Y axis is about as logical as trying to calculate angles between price and time. 

You have only one proper way - to write your own indicator where you get values of both these indicators RSI and MACD (for example) and you have to invent the way to check condition which you need.

When this condition is triggered you need to draw a raw to buy or to sell.  Also, you can obtain such triggerings as values in another indicator or EA.

ReaDOnlY:

I think my point is still misunderstood. I am trying to understand what code MT4 uses to place two different scaled items on one graph visually.  
Win API

Is there a way using Win API to determine what the top and bottom value of the window are (i.e. the scale).  Or could you provide some insight on which api is implemented and how? 

Thank you

ReaDOnlY:

Is there a way using Win API to determine what the top and bottom value of the window are (i.e. the scale).  Or could you provide some insight on which api is implemented and how? 

Why not use a mql4 Function ?  WindowPriceMin() & WindowPriceMax()  a word of caution though,  these functions don't report the correct information when MT4 is minimised.

RaptorUK:
Why not use a mql4 Function ?  WindowPriceMin() & WindowPriceMax()  a word of caution though,  these functions don't report the correct information when MT4 is minimised.

I tried using this, but the MA do not appear to scale accurately if I try to scale two MA together.

ReaDOnlY:

I tried using this, but the MA do not appear to scale accurately if I try to scale two MA together.
2 MAs of the same pair should be using the same Y axis so there should be no need to scale the values you are putting into the buffers . . . if you are using MAs from 2 different pairs then you have an almost impossible task . . .  you would need to adjust all the values as the chart is moved left and right.

I know it is an old topic, but have an idea for ppl that may come accross this thread and are looking for an answer; why not normalize all values to -1 to 1 or 0 to 1 range? One challenge may be that the min/max values are sometimes not known.

Even if you place 2 ATR with different Periods in the same sub-window the crossing that you see might correspond to a crossing in the data or not - that's mt4 :(

The only thing you can do is write you own indicator..

It do not seem difficult to turn a MACD into a percent MACD, but one's have to determine what will match with the 0% and the 100% .

Either someone on a forum was saying that overlaying an RSI with an ATR would give good crossing point, but what would be the 0% and the 100% for the ATR ?

Reason: