News tab not showing

Hello,

My news tab is not showing. I believe that it should appear in the terminal window.

Under tools/options/server I have checked 'enable news'.

It still doesn't show, even after restarting MT4.

Any ideas why this is?

Thank you. 

zeno1:

Hello,

My news tab is not showing. I believe that it should appear in the terminal window.

Under tools/options/server I have checked 'enable news'.

It still doesn't show, even after restarting MT4.

Any ideas why this is?

Thank you. 

1. If you're using Vista/7 install MT not in C:\Program Files\... but somewhere else like C:\My other program\MT4 ...

2. Search for  news.dat  in your computer files.  

Thank you phi.nuts.

1. I have windows 7 

2. I reinstalled MT4 under a newly created folder not in program files. I search for news.dat but don't find it in that newly created folder, only under an old one from a previous broker where I had a demo account. I would assume that I should find it in my newly created folder instead? Or can I copy this old news.dat file into new MT4 folder\history?

Thank you. 

zeno1:

Thank you phi.nuts.

1. I have windows 7 

2. I reinstalled MT4 under a newly created folder not in program files. I search for news.dat but don't find it in that newly created folder, only under an old one from a previous broker where I had a demo account. I would assume that I should find it in my newly created folder instead? Or can I copy this old news.dat file into new MT4 folder\history?

Thank you. 

That news.dat should also on your new installed MT, but of course you can copy the old one to your new MT4. And if you like, you can open that news.dat with notepad/text document, and see if there are really contain some news.

phi.nuts:
That news.dat should also on your new installed MT, but of course you can copy the old one to your new MT4. And if you like, you can open that news.dat with notepad/text document, and see if there are really contain some news.

I see that this news.dat file is indeed history, and not the news tab that also gives updates in real time.

Would you know how this can be updated in real time? Thanks.

Do you have the terminal open (control-T) not the tester (control-T)?
Terminal
 Tester
Terminal
Tester

I'm indeed looking at the terminal\news tab. I haven't received any update, since I copied the news.dat file to the MT4\history location. It only gives me historic news from a previous broker I had a demo account with.

zeno1:
I'm indeed looking at the terminal\news tab. I haven't received any update, since I copied the news.dat file to the MT4\history location. It only gives me historic news from a previous broker I had a demo account with.
Some brokers does not allow news with demo account. What broker your MT came from, let me try it.

phi.nuts:
Some brokers does not allow news with demo account. What broker your MT came from, let me try it.

I've noticed the same thing - news is enabled on live account but not on demo. Broker is Alpari UK.

HarriMQL4:

I've noticed the same thing - news is enabled on live account but not on demo. Broker is Alpari UK.
Yep I have Alpari. They do that all right.

phi.nuts:
Yep I have Alpari. They do that all right.

I've a demo with Tradeview. It could indeed be because of demo account.
Reason: