help my mt4 is not running again

Hi there, I am new user of mt4. After using it for a while I could not open the platform and I was told that I should uninstall it and reinstall it. I uninstalled it and did the set up, it started working, then I exited and it does not work again. Can somebody help me what I should do, please?

If you installed in C:\Program_Files. Try installing outside the Program_Files  example only on C:\.

ubzen:
If you installed in C:\Program_Files. Try installing outside the Program_Files  example only on C:\.

Thank you very much for your help. That works. All the best to you.

ubzen:
If you installed in C:\Program_Files. Try installing outside the Program_Files  example only on C

Hey,

I did what you suggested. Do you think I can delete all the data from 'Program Files' ? Ta. 

kovave:

Hey,

I did what you suggested. Do you think I can delete all the data from 'Program Files' ? Ta.  

Don't delete everything from Program Files . . . .  you should Uninstall the MT4 installation from there . . . 

RaptorUK:

Don't delete everything from Program Files . . . .  you should Uninstall the MT4 installation from there . . . 

I did that, so now I have data in Program Files and on C only, as well. I just thought that I could free up some space.

Don't create a new topic for the same problem, just continue with this one.

Tell us what OS and what bit you running. Tell also what are you doing the last time MT4 is running. Run sfc (System File Checker) for your computer, it may not help but at least you check if your system file is corrupted or not - if you can't run sfc, try to run it in safe mode.

Here for XP (http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/system_file_checker.mspx?mfr=true), and here for Vista/7  (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833)

I have vista, no idea about the bit. I practice trading with a demo account which I have no idea how is doing, cose I can not open the program. Where is this sfc?

kovave:
I have vista, no idea about the bit. I practice trading with a demo account which I have no idea how is doing, cose I can not open the program. Where is this sfc?

1. What bit your Vista 32 bit or 64 bit ? Open "Computer" > click "System Properties" on top of your "Computer" explorer.

2. Start > All Program > Accessories > Right click Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator > then type this

sfc /scannow  
    then press Enter, then type this again
    shutdown /r /t 2 
    and press enter.
    You may want to write that on a piece of paper.

phi.nuts:

1. What bit your Vista 32 bit or 64 bit ? Open "Computer" > click "System Properties" on top of your "Computer" explorer.

2. Start > All Program > Accessories > Right click Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator > then type this

sfc /scannow  
    then press Enter, then type this again
    shutdown /r /t 2 
    and press enter.
    You may want to write that on a piece of paper.

Wow, you know a lot! 32. Wouldn't it be easier deleting everything and donwload the program again?

kovave:

Wow, you know a lot! 32. Wouldn't it be easier deleting everything and donwload the program again?

RaptorUK:

Reason: