EA storage

Hi All.  I'm a newby who has just written and comissioned his first EA.  It works!

My question is - where is the new EA stored once it's compiled?  I can't find it anywhere in my file system and I'd like to copy the script to my laptop, where I'm running a duplicate of the same account (Alpari).

Can anyone help, please? 

Thanks!

Buckets:

Hi All.  I'm a newby who has just written and comissioned his first EA.  It works!

My question is - where is the new EA stored once it's compiled?  I can't find it anywhere in my file system and I'd like to copy the script to my laptop, where I'm running a duplicate of the same account (Alpari).

It's in the same place as the mq4 file . . .  unless you are running Vista or Windows 7 and you have installed MT4 in Program Files . . . then UAC may have shifted it somewhere else for you. 

RaptorUK:
It's in the same place as the mq4 file . . .  unless you are running Vista or Windows 7 and you have installed MT4 in Program Files . . . then UAC may have shifted it somewhere else for you. 

In expert folder where you install MT4, however in Vista/7 is located in C:\users\<user name>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\<your metatrader>\experts\...

Many thanks.  I think that problem is solved.

Reason: