Can't Figure Out Why This Code Is Trying To Modify Closed Orders

I added the OrderCloseTime() to both if statements thinking that would put an end to this invalid ticket for ordermodify function error but every once in awhile my EA will lose control of all the orders and somehow mix in a closed trade and continously try to modify it over and over making huge log files and won't continue trading unless I retart the MT4. I'm not exactly sure how it's picking up a closed order, maybe while it's in the process of modifying all the orders one of them closes in that short time and throws it off? Like I said this will happen maybe twice out of 30-50 trades a day.

Anyone have any ideas on how to  put an end to this?

if (NewOrdersPlaced_s3) {
if (flag_s3 == TRUE) {
for (cnt_s3 = OrdersTotal() - 1; cnt_s3 >= 0; cnt_s3--) {
OrderSelect(cnt_s3, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES);
if (OrderSymbol() != Symbol() || OrderMagicNumber() != MagicNumber_3 || OrderCloseTime()!=0) continue;
if (OrderSymbol() == Symbol() && OrderMagicNumber() == MagicNumber_3 && OrderCloseTime()==0)// OrderModify(OrderTicket(), AveragePrice_s3, OrderStopLoss(), PriceTarget_s3, 0, Yellow);
//===
while(!OrderModify(OrderTicket(), AveragePrice_s3, OrderStopLoss(), PriceTarget_s3, 0, Yellow))
{Sleep(1000);RefreshRates();}                                                                    
//===
NewOrdersPlaced_s3 = FALSE;
}
}

Would you please explain your EA's objective so that I may offer a possible solution.

Does your EA have multiple open orders?

Does your EA trade multiple open orders on multiple currency pairs at once?

etc.

Thank you.

Its a martingale based system so its trying to modify the TP's of a basket of orders when a new basket trade is triggered.

Yes it has 30+ open orders, about 5-6 each on different currency pairs and all using unique magic numbers. 

I suppose implicating this code into your EA could resolve possible problems when it selects it's orders-

if(OrdersTotal()>0){

Also, you might possibly consider selecting each open order's profit individually. Once you selected all open order's profit, add all open order's profit. Once you add all open order's profit, write a block of code to check if a "profit target" has been reached by all open order's profit. Once "profit target" is reached, close all trades.

Thank you.

Should I add it to this

if (OrderSymbol() == Symbol() && OrderMagicNumber() == MagicNumber_3 && OrderCloseTime()==0 && OrdersTotal()>0) 

Or put it in its own if above or below that one.

If it was my EA, I would designate each open order a separate and individual block of code and yes I would apply the code to each and every open order block separately.

If I start "grouping" code, it can become difficult to isolate errors (buggies). Before I write code, I think of the best possible way to organize my code. After I organize it all in my

head, I type it out, block by block, compile it, test it, then repeat.

Thank you.

kinitex:
I added the OrderCloseTime() to both if statements thinking that would put an end to this invalid ticket for ordermodify function error but every once in awhile my EA will lose control of all the orders and somehow mix in a closed trade and continously try to modify it over and over making huge log files and won't continue trading unless I retart the MT4. I'm not exactly sure how it's picking up a closed order, maybe while it's in the process of modifying all the orders one of them closes in that short time and throws it off? Like I said this will happen maybe twice out of 30-50 trades a day.

if (NewOrdersPlaced_s3) {
if (flag_s3 == TRUE) {...

1. For large amounts of code, attach it
  2. for (cnt_s3 = OrdersTotal() - 1; cnt_s3 >= 0; cnt_s3--) {

If the orderSelect fails, everything below is bogus. What are Function return values ? How do I use them ? - MQL4 forum
  3. Not checking for magic number and pair, means your EA is incompatible with every other, including itself and manual trading.
    bool    MySelect(int iWhat, int eSelect, int ePool=MODE_TRADES){
        if (!OrderSelect(iWhat, eSelect, ePool)    ) return (false);
        if (OrderMagicNumber() == Magic.Number     ) return (false);
        if (OrderSymbol()      != analyze.pair     ) return (false);
        if (ePool != MODE_HISTORY                  ) return (true);
        return(OrderType() <= OP_SELL); // Avoid cr/bal forum.mql4.com/32363#325360
                                        // https://forum.mql4.com/30708
                                        // Never select canceled orders.
    }
    :
        for(int iPos = OrdersTotal()-1; iPos >= 0; iPos--)
        if (MySelect(iPos, SELECT_BY_POS)){
        :

4. OrderSelect(cnt_s3, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES);
    if (OrderSymbol() != Symbol() || OrderMagicNumber() != MagicNumber_3 || OrderCloseTime()!=0) continue;
    When selecting by position you do not have to check the OrderCloseTime as it will always be zero with MODE_TRADES and non-zero with history. When selecting by ticket number, mode is ignored.
  5. OrderModify(OrderTicket(), AveragePrice_s3, OrderStopLoss(), PriceTarget_s3, 0, Yellow);
    //===
    while(!OrderModify(OrderTicket(), AveragePrice_s3, OrderStopLoss(), PriceTarget_s3, 0, Yellow))
    Why are you modifying the order twice? If the first does not succeed, the second never will. If the first does succeed, the second never will (identical parameters.)
  6. Why are you trying to modifying the price, instead of using OrderOpenPrice()
  7. Why are you not testing OrderTakeProfit() vs PriceTarget_s3 to find out if you already did the modification? You would have found this had you done #2

8. If the order reaches the TP or SL, while the EA is in start(), you could get a closed ticket and thus get a modify failure. This is a race condition between the server and the EA. It should occur rarely, see #7. Log it and go on, and the next tick the loop won't find it.
Reason: