trading an account from another mt4 broker on your current mt4 platform

Hi

If anyone knows how to use the current mt4 platform with all the charts and indicators to trade an mt4 account from another broker let me kow please. The only way I know is to try and use a trade copier of some sort. 

Thanks 

Its easy. Just enter server and login details of the other broker.

tonny:

NO NO it's not easy if you entered the login details which will inclode the server means you've changed the data etc.

I want the data to trade another brokers account. I know that a trade copier can do it but I don't think it would be accurate since it will miss some trades and have many different variables etc 

Funny how some people ask to be helped then when you try to help they start arguing.

tonny:
Funny how some people ask to be helped then when you try to help they start arguing.

tonny how are you.

I'm not arguing but what you are telling I have known for many years already. Perhaps I didn't explain myself well (my mistake)... here goes..

I want to use the data feed etc of one broker but trade an account of another broker. If you put in the account details including the server then you are pretty much trading their platform using their datafeed. 

If you can code or alter an EA drop me a line perhaps it can be done and tested properly, I have been testing my EA live for just over a month now with astonishing results but that is not a real account its a demo and the brokers manipulate the data when trading real money. But what I did is I used the MT4i trade copier and although it was very average and didn't take all trades as it should and not where it should have it still managed to perform ok, so I am looking for a better system using the EA on the data it is using.

login to the live demo account and see how it is performing:

server: FECH-Demo

account: 66306

investors password: pzl7wbs

tonny:

1. You can NOT just enter login, password, and server from some broker to another different broker MT4, because each MT4 has different .srv file and server.ini config file.

2. tradability, what your broker ?

3. I think there some code in MQL4 code base to communicating data through memory but I couldn't find it :(. However there are plenty example in mql5 code base and article : https://www.mql5.com/en/code/816https://www.mql5.com/en/code/817https://www.mql5.com/en/code/818, and article : https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/115

@ tradability Ok but is that really possible? Because even if you read one broker's feed, when you open a trade with the other it will open at the other's prices.

@ peanuts If you change server the pairs, feed etc become those of the other's even though the logo remains the first broker's.

tonny:
@ peanuts If you change server the pairs, feed etc become those of the other's even though the logo remains the first broker's.

Yes if you change the config folder first which means deleting the old one which also same thing like what tradability said " If you put in the account details including the server then you are pretty much trading their platform using their datafeed.  ".

That is not what tradability want.

Tradability, here's some crazy idea, install MT4 on experts/file folder of the other MT, then use some file operation in there to exchange data and trade command, do you get it ?

phi.nuts:

Yes if you change the config folder first which means deleting the old one which also same thing like what tradability said " If you put in the account details including the server then you are pretty much trading their platform using their datafeed.  ".

Tradability, here's some crazy idea, install MT4 on experts/file folder of the other MT, then use some file operation in there to exchange data and trade command, do you get it ?

Thats right phi nuts I already tried putting the demo config folder of the account that I want to trade into the broker that the EA is running on but thats like trading using the other MT4. So no good.

"Tradability, here's some crazy idea, install MT4 on experts/file folder of the other MT, then use some file operation in there to exchange data and trade command, do you get it ?" 

I don't get it. See if can show me what you mean but just remember guys that when I used a trade copier it did trade some which were profitable but not efficient. I need at least a >90% efficient system.

phi.nuts:

My friend its not a must you delete config folder to change server. You simply go to Tools -> Options -> Server and enter the new details in the server input field.
Reason: