charles 2.1.8

could someone explain me how the charles 2.1.8a expert advisor works? please

sergeclaver762:
could someone explain me how the charles 2.1.8a expert advisor works? please
how ??? where is the code of the EA ??

rocketman99:

Right here: https://www.mql5.com/en/code/10823

(83.6 Kb) View That is a big file.. What do you know yourself. Have you tried to read the code ???

What is it you don't understand ???

deVries:

(83.6 Kb) View That is a big file.. What do you know yourself. Have you tried to read the code ???

What is it you don't understand ???

i don't know how to read mql4 code. that's why i'm asking. if someone can explain jiust how that ea functions i'll be happy.

i noticed sometimes that even my êrsonal trades are closed before they reach the level i've set. that is why i want to know what are the parameter that i could change. and how can i manage to change them.

sergeclaver762:
i noticed sometimes that even my êrsonal trades are closed before they reach the level i've set. that is why i want to know what are the parameter that i could change. and how can i manage to change them.

The reason for that is we have to close sell trades with the ask price of your broker. There are two prices running Bid and Ask

Also it is possible to close trades if some conditions programmed in the code happens ...

For explaining this EA to someone else who doesn't know how to read mql4 code this code is too complicated to begin....

There are in Code Base other programs shorter and easier to begin ...... Also you have to read the Book and if some code might hard to understand

then this forum is for helping (if we can...)

Hi,

Don't know if this thread is dead but I just started working on this code.

I'm relatively new to MQL4 so this is a lot to wrestle with.

My initial issue is I'm getting the error relating to 'Zero Divide'.

In his prelude for Charles 2.1.5 the author states that this is a symbol error, i.e. wrong symbol or a symbol not being supported. However when I remove all other symbols and leave just the USDJPY I still get the same error - per the attached image.

I've used other code to print my broker's symbol for this using Symbol() and  USDJPY is valid.

So what am I doing wrong?

BTW when I remove all symbols and the code defaults to the current symbol, it works - so what gives????

Thanks. 

ppcassidy:

Hi,

Don't know if this thread is dead but I just started working on this code.

I'm relatively new to MQL4 so this is a lot to wrestle with.

My initial issue is I'm getting the error relating to 'Zero Divide'.

In his prelude for Charles 2.1.5 the author states that this is a symbol error, i.e. wrong symbol or a symbol not being supported. However when I remove all other symbols and leave just the USDJPY I still get the same error - per the attached image.

I've used other code to print my broker's symbol for this using Symbol() and  USDJPY is valid.

So what am I doing wrong?

BTW when I remove all symbols and the code defaults to the current symbol, it works - so what gives????

You didn't include an image . . .

Do this . . .

Hey Raptor,

zero divide error

Thanks for answering my message. I appreciate you having a look at this. Any ideas? I'm testing it on MB Trading demo account.

I am going through the code now. Like I said, I'm a relative newbie (though I have a programming background) so it's laborious trying to make  sense of the code.

But let's start with the above.

Thanks,

Paul 

ppcassidy:

Hey Raptor,

Thanks for answering my message. I appreciate you having a look at this. Any ideas? I'm testing it on MB Trading demo account.

I am going through the code now. Like I said, I'm a relative newbie (though I have a programming background) so it's laborious trying to make  sense of the code.

This thread title is  charles 2.1.8 . . .  your image suggests you are using version 2.1.5 . . .  what version are you using ?

What do you have TrailingAmout set to ?

Reason: