New Version of MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 438 - page 6

sokramm:
I updated my MT4 to Build 438 and my EA works as it did before. My libraries load as they did before. Have you tried to figure out why your client is crashing? (MT loads indicators, experts and other stuff while launching) If someone wants to report a bug, one actually needs to say what is wrong, not only that it crashes, that does not help the developers. If your library does not load anymore, how do you know that you weren't doing something wrong somewhere that is not allowed anymore in this release? Why do other people libraries still work? There is nothing wrong with complaining, but please do it constructively.

I reported the Mt4 crashes.

How can I know what else to report ?

With every old build the EA worked.

With build 438 it crashes Mt4.

Nothing more to report.

In the meanwhile I removed a certain dll-function-call and created an alternative way to let the EA do what it is supposed to do.

Now the EA doesn´t crash my Mt4 anymore.

It is safe to say: Metaquotes changed something in build 438 which resulted in the crash when that special dll-function-call was made in my EA.

Now that I removed that function-call, everything is fine.

It is the fault of Metaquotes, obviously ... and there is neither documentation for it nor a response from Metaquotes.

Which shows the superb quality of Metaquotes of course.

Everybody should praise the customer-service, right ?

This was a constructive feedback. Are you satisfied with it ?

fxtrad14:

I reported the Mt4 crashes.

How can I know what else to report ?

Nothing more to report.

In the meanwhile I removed a certain dll-function-call and created an alternative way to let the EA do what it is supposed to do.

Now the EA doesn´t crash my Mt4 anymore.

It is safe to say: Metaquotes changed something in build 438 which resulted in the crash when that special dll-function-call was made in my EA.

Now that I removed that function-call, everything is fine.

It is the fault of Metaquotes, obviously ... and there is neither documentation for it nor a response from Metaquotes.

Which shows the superb quality of Metaquotes of course.

Everybody should praise the customer-service, right ?

This was a constructive feedback. Are you satisfied with it ?

"

Nothing more to report.

"

Very constructive yes... thank you

It is very easy to blame metaquotes because your "special" dll-function-call does not work anymore. That your function call is problematic does not mean:

"It is the fault of Metaquotes, obviously ..." (no, its not your code, that couldn't be... obviously)

It is always easier to blame the rest instead of figuring out your own problems. At least you found the problem and rewrote the code as you mentioned. So, good job getting your EA back to work. I am satisfied about that part.

I also develop mt4 EA's and if there is a code issue with DLL's I would appreciate knowing about it so I can avoid it in my coding. That's the kind of community helpful feedback I am looking for, but hey that's just me.

sokramm:It is very easy to blame metaquotes because your "special" dll-function-call does not work anymore. That your function call is problematic does not mean:

"It is the fault of Metaquotes, obviously ..." (no, its not your code, that couldn't be... obviously)

It is always easier to blame the rest instead of figuring out your own problems. At least you found the problem and rewrote the code as you mentioned. So, good job getting your EA back to work. I am satisfied about that part.

I also develop mt4 EA's and if there is a code issue with DLL's I would appreciate knowing about it so I can avoid it in my coding. That's the kind of community helpful feedback I am looking for, but hey that's just me.

What is your problem ?

1. The EA worked perfectly on previous builds.

2. build 438 was released, I updated my platform, attached the EA and ... it crashed Mt4.

Who changed something ?

Me, the author of the dll or Metaquotes ?

Well, I did not change anything. Just attached the EA to a chart.

The author of the dll ?

No, the author is fx1.net and the dll is called mt4gui.dll .

fx1.net stopped maintaining the product and sold it to somebody.

Only the free version is still available somewhere, but not on their website.

Nobody changed anything in the dll.

So it is obvious to everybody that Metaquotes changed something and that modification

is the cause for the crashes in build 438.

How did I solve the problem ? Surely not with the help of Metaquotes, because that help doesn´t exist. They don´t care.

I tested the EA and found that 1 special function call was the reason for the crashes. I avoided to use this dll-function call

and use others instead to get the action I need.

Now there are no crashes anymore.

I think now you should understand that it is the fault of Metaquotes instead of trying to blame me or the author of the dll for it.

fxtrad14:

So it is obvious to everybody that Metaquotes changed something and that modification

Not necessarily . . . if the DLL uses an unsupported or unofficial "feature" of MT4 which has now been closed then it is the fault of the DLL author.

I have exactly the same problem. Before this version everything was fine but now, DLL call's is not possible anymore.( Like in the 4.18 version who have been fixed, few days later with the 4.19)

"#import

#include <WebGet.mqh>"

This simple line doesn' work anymore. My webget.DLL is coded with lazarus in delphi

Version 4.38 refuse to call this....

The only solution i have is to re-install a previous version... I always keep a terminal.exe backup in my computer

Another thing : Please metatrader developper, implement the GBPAUD and GBPCAD history in the history center. TKS.

fxtrad14:

What is your problem ?

1. The EA worked perfectly on previous builds.

2. build 438 was released, I updated my platform, attached the EA and ... it crashed Mt4.

Who changed something ?

Me, the author of the dll or Metaquotes ?

I think now you should understand that it is the fault of Metaquotes instead of trying to blame me or the author of the dll for it.

My problem is that there are always two sides to a story and you are stuck with one. And as you can see, Raptor agrees with me.

Scenario 1: Metaquotes changes something in build 438 that introduces a bug related to DLL's. Your DLL stops working due to the bug. Your DLL uses 100% legal code. (Metaquotes fault)

Scenario 2: Metaquotes found a bug and fixed it in build 438. Your DLL was using (for whatever reason) this bug. Now that this bug has been fixed, your DLL stops working. (DLL's author fault)

We both agree that you did not change anything, Metaquotes did. Now, you have not shown any proof that Scenario 1 is the case. Nor Scenario 2. Therefore, you are blaming Metaquotes based on an assumption that Scenario 1 happened without any solid argument behind it.

If you actually find out what happened with your DLL and prove to everybody here that Scenario 1 is what really happened, then you will have my most humble gratitude for finding a bug in MT and possibly also from Metaquotes. (and maybe other people...)

If you have no intention on proving anything, that is totally fine, but then you can not say things like this:

"I think now you should understand that it is the fault of Metaquotes instead of trying to blame me" (I am not blaming you, in Scenario 2 I would blame DLL's author)

Thanks

sokramm:

My problem is that there are always two sides to a story and you are stuck with one. And as you can see, Raptor agrees with me.

Scenario 1: Metaquotes changes something in build 438 that introduces a bug related to DLL's. Your DLL stops working due to the bug. Your DLL uses 100% legal code. (Metaquotes fault)

Scenario 2: Metaquotes found a bug and fixed it in build 438. Your DLL was using (for whatever reason) this bug. Now that this bug has been fixed, your DLL stops working. (DLL's author fault)

We both agree that you did not change anything, Metaquotes did. Now, you have not shown any proof that Scenario 1 is the case. Nor Scenario 2. Therefore, you are blaming Metaquotes based on an assumption that Scenario 1 happened without any solid argument behind it.

If you actually find out what happened with your DLL and prove to everybody here that Scenario 1 is what really happened, then you will have my most humble gratitude for finding a bug in MT and possibly also from Metaquotes. (and maybe other people...)

If you have no intention on proving anything, that is totally fine, but then you can not say things like this:

"I think now you should understand that it is the fault of Metaquotes instead of trying to blame me" (I am not blaming you, in Scenario 2 I would blame DLL's author)

Thanks

It still is the fault of Metaquotes, why are you so busy trying to argue about it ?

They changed something which has effects on dll-functionality.

What did they change ?

Was it a fault or did they introduce a fault ?

How can I know or anybody know ?

Metaquotes makes a mystery out of it. Complete intransparency.

That is the problem here.

If Metaquotes would care about developers, they would publish what they changed. Then the developer could check his dll and find out if Metaquotes corrupted

the thing or if the developer had made a fault ( how could he made a fault when his dll worked perfectly with old builds ? )

The fault is the missing customer care of Metaquotes and I don´t understand why you and Raptor are trying to defend such a horrible service quality.

And nobody in Metaquotes takes notice of this. No official statement. No clarification like : "We changed this or that which has effects on dll-calls."

No, nothing at all.  Only thing which happens is that a paid Moderator who knows nothing about the case himself and you are defending the company

while it was obvious from the beginning that Metaquotes is wrong here and doesn´t care about customers.

fxtrad14:

It still is the fault of Metaquotes, why are you so busy trying to argue about it ?

They changed something which has effects on dll-functionality.

What did they change ?

Maybe they changed a compile time setting in their compiler and it only affected an undocumented issue which was exploited by the DLL you are using . . .  even if they disclosed all the changes it wouldn't make any difference to you.  

Fix the DLL you are using,  if you can't do that get the author to fix it,  if you can't do that then find another way to do what the DLL you are currently using does.

I have code that uses DLL calls,  it works fine with Build 438 . . .  so maybe build 438 effects SOME DLLs . . .

fxtrad14:

No, nothing at all.  Only thing which happens is that a paid Moderator who knows nothing about the case himself and you are defending the company

while it was obvious from the beginning that Metaquotes is wrong here and doesn´t care about customers.

Well, since apparently you have no intention on actually finding out what is wrong with your DLL, this conversation has no more value for me. I'll get back to coding and use my time for something more useful.

Nice to meet you and good luck.

sokramm:

Well, since apparently you have no intention on actually finding out what is wrong with your DLL, this conversation has no more value for me. I'll get back to coding and use my time for something more useful.

Nice to meet you and good luck.

I cannot find out what is wrong with Metaquotes because they don´t communicate with traders and developers.

And the dll I am using is from fx1.net , it is not supported anymore because they sold the license and nobody can find the

commercial product.

It is the only (free) solution to get real buttons on an Mt4-chart instead of using emulated or fake buttons.

Metaquotes did never care to offer the funcionality of real buttons in Mt4 because it would have been to modern and advanced.

https://forum.mql4.com/40727

So you have been wrong again because I had the intention to either get an answer from Metaquotes plus finding out what might be

wrong in the DLL, but both intentions do not help in this case.

We all know about the limitations of Mt4.

No event handling, no real buttons on chart,  no possibility to create a rectangle on a chart with x and y coordinates in pixel like a label has it,

no command to mark orderlines from within an EA ( would be handy because a visual orderl manager is there to drag and drop orderlines,

but in Mt4 you must click or double click them first if you want to drag them).

And so on ..... and Metaquotes did nothing to add such simple and basic functionalities, but still you are defending them.

Why ?

Has no value to me.

Reason: