Dashboard for showing weekly open and current bid difference

hi,

i'm trying to build a "dashboard" that shows how far a group of currency pairs have moved from the weekly open. something like

AUD Group

AUDJPY: -100 Pips

AUDUSD : -85 Pips

GBPAUD: 150 Pips

EURAUD: 135 Pips

i'm just starting to learn mql4. if someone can provide some sort of template for this, it will be a great help for me.

thanks,

jay

jaobedoza:

hi,

i'm trying to build a "dashboard" that shows how far a group of currency pairs have moved from the weekly open. something like

AUD Group

AUDJPY: -100 Pips

AUDUSD : -85 Pips

GBPAUD: 150 Pips

EURAUD: 135 Pips

i'm just starting to learn mql4. if someone can provide some sort of template for this, it will be a great help for me.

thanks,

jay

Hi jaobedoza,

Please click and use iOpen().

Use objects to display the values

jaobedoza: i'm trying to build a "dashboard" ...
MQL4 Language for Newbies. Custom Indicators (Part 2) - MQL4 Articles

ok this is what i have so far

<SNIP>

it's supposed to print

EURAUD XXX PIPS

EURNZD XXX PIPS

but its only printing the EURNZD part

ok i now have a working indicator :)

it shows the pip difference between current bid and weekly open.

i used the iOpen() function as suggested. i subtracted weekly open to the current bid and multiplied by 10000 (1000 for jpy pairs) to get the pip value.

the absolute value is displayed but the colors are lime for positive and red for negative.

now i want the values to be displayed in descending order; lime on top red at the bottom if its possible.

also, how can i make the currency pairs and time frame to be used be inputted by the user to give the indicator flexibility.

thanks,

jay

Files:

Hi, try mine.

Files:

nbf28:

Hi, try mine.

i tried it nothing is being displayed on the chart

nbf28:

... hhmm should be look like this. don't know why not works on yours..

nbf28:

i'm using pepperstone mt4 version 4 build 432

the one i posted is working ok but i yours is not. i tried to download it again but its still the same

can someone please check this indi, it's working but the data gets stale after a while and i need to restart mt4 to refresh it.
Files:
Reason: