VBA algorithm for FX trading: need to convert?

Hello,

I have written an algorithm in VBA for FX trading. I would like to know if I need to convert this algorithm into another programming language so that I can trade on a platform. I have not yet decided on the trading platform, but it seems that MetaTrader is one of the bigger ones.

I'd very much appreciate your opinions. If I have to convert my algorithm, that will be a big additional step.

Thanks for your input.

zeno1:

Hello,

I have written an algorithm in VBA for FX trading. I would like to know if I need to convert this algorithm into another programming language so that I can trade on a platform. I have not yet decided on the trading platform, but it seems that MetaTrader is one of the bigger ones.

I'd very much appreciate your opinions. If I have to convert my algorithm, that will be a big additional step.

Thanks for your input.

If you want to run your algorithm directly on the MT4 terminal then you need to code it in mql4.

RaptorUK:
If you want to run your algorithm directly on the MT4 terminal then you need to code it in mql4.

That is indeed the impression I'm getting that I'll have to rewrite the algorithm for use in MT4. Any chance for using an interface from VBA to mql4? How easy is this to set up, if possible? Or should I try to find other solutions, where I can use my vba algorithm directly into the FX trading platform?

1. do everything in mql4
  2. pass the prices and what ever else is needed to your DLL and get the action items back and have the mql4 execute them.
Reason: