Yesterday High/Low/Close

Hey Everyone,

I am trying to find out if there is such a variable that I can call to find the previous day high/low/close.

I cant seem to find it, my guess is there is one, but it seems to be avoiding me.

Thanks

NewCoder47:

Hey Everyone,

I am trying to find out if there is such a variable that I can call to find the previous day high/low/close.

I cant seem to find it, my guess is there is one, but it seems to be avoiding me.

Thanks

when did yesterday begin for you and when was it ended ??

In forex we can have 5 or 6 dailybars ( no holiday ) in a week

NewCoder47:

Hey Everyone,

Thanks

Variable ? yes if you are on a D1 chart, High[1], Low[1], Close[1] if you are not on a D1 chart then you will need to use a function call, read up on this group of functions, TimeSeries Functions

Hey Guys

Sorry for the late reply - I only do this really part-time.

I want a way to call the high of the previous day, no matter what time-frame I am on (obviously D1, 4Hr, 1Hr etc. and less).

Just going on the day that MT4 runs on. I am in NZ, and the day rolls over around 1pm my time (give-or-take) dependant on daylight savings.
Is there a function that does this? I have looked extensively and cant seem to find anything. The times series functions, from what I can tell rely on counting a specific number of bars.

I have this indicator (which I have attached) that paints lines showing the highs/lows of the previous days. I need a way to call these high/lows.

I do apologize for my ignorance when it comes to this issue, but as I said I am really really part-time at this.

Thanks for your time,

Mike

Files:

Check help file for ibarshift and ihigh/ilow.

Hey Guys, thanks for your help so far, but I still seem to be having problems. I cannot seem to get a value for the previous days high/low. I simply want to run off what the MT4 day is, even if it is 11 hours different to my time, I'm not worried at the moment.
I have tried a lot of the Time Series Functions, but have not been able to get them to work. From what I can tell, they all rely on counting a certain number of bars back, which is going to be different dependant on what time frame the chart is in, and the current time of the day.

I basically want a way to call the previous days high/low, no matter the chart I am on (<D1).

Any other advice you can give me? This just seems to have me stumped, when I feel it should be rather simple.

Thanks.

RaptorUK:
Variable ? yes if you are on a D1 chart, High[1], Low[1], Close[1] if you are not on a D1 chart then you will need to use a function call, read up on this group of functions, TimeSeries Functions

NewCoder47:

Hey Guys, thanks for your help so far, but I still seem to be having problems. I cannot seem to get a value for the previous days high/low. I simply want to run off what the MT4 day is, even if it is 11 hours different to my time, I'm not worried at the moment.
I have tried a lot of the Time Series Functions, but have not been able to get them to work. From what I can tell, they all rely on counting a certain number of bars back, which is going to be different dependant on what time frame the chart is in, and the current time of the day.

I basically want a way to call the previous days high/low, no matter the chart I am on (<D1).

Any other advice you can give me? This just seems to have me stumped, when I feel it should be rather simple.

Thanks.

Did you look at the TimeSeries Functions ? iHigh() iLow() ?

Hi
Yea, I had a look, but from what I can tell, they all require me to count a specific number of bars back, when it would be a different number of bars that I count dependant on time of day and time-frame on the chart. There is something I am not getting I think?!?

NewCoder47:
Hi
Yea, I had a look, but from what I can tell, they all require me to count a specific number of bars back, when it would be a different number of bars that I count dependant on time of day and time-frame on the chart. There is something I am not getting I think?!?

Yes.

iHigh(NULL, PERIOD_D1, 1);  // yesterday's high

iLow(NULL, PERIOD_D1, 1);  // yesterday's low

Awesome, thats works awesome. Thought I was missing something.....

What price does this work off, bid or ask??
Reason: