ordersend() market order on buy

Why do ordersend as market needs buying price? Ain't i getting the asking price on market at the same moment no matter what?

redharel:
Why do ordersend as market needs buying price? Ain't i getting the asking price on market at the same moment no matter what?
Nope, you might get slipped . . . and you Buy at Ask but Sell at Bid.

You might get slipped. You specify your price and the +/- slippage. If the market isn't there, you have an out of date price. Prevents you from erroneously entering the market because of disconnection errors, network delays, old quotes, etc.

so what you saying is if i'm buying with ordersend and MODE_BUY, price = 1 and slippage = 0, if the price suddenly changes to 1.1 i won't get it on 1.1?

redharel:

so what you saying is if i'm buying with ordersend and MODE_BUY, price = 1 and slippage = 0, if the price suddenly changes to 1.1 i won't get it on 1.1?

Price is Bid, you Buy at Ask. If you use a value of 1.000 for double price in the OrderSend() and Ask is 1.1 then no your order won't get filled . . . as far as I am aware.

What is MODE_BUY ? did you mean OP_BUY ?

RaptorUK:
Price is Bid, you Buy at Ask. If you use a value of 1.000 for double price in the OrderSend() and Ask is 1.1 then no your order won't get filled . . . as far as I am aware.

What is MODE_BUY ? did you mean OP_BUY ?

thank you RaptorUK

yes OP_BUY

so basiclly it's like limit isn't?

is there anyone positive about that?

anyone can confirm what RaptorUK said?

redharel: anyone can confirm what RaptorUK said?
I already did and explained why
Reason: