Detect Last Candle Close Price ---> pending buy + X pips above/below

Hello,

(I have searched everywhere already, found many people who have the same question but received no answer. I tried hours to code it myself, i have very bad programming skills.)

What I need is a script which opens a pending buy order, X pips above the last candle's close price.

(additionally, put StopLoss X pips below the open price)

Example: Pending Distance is set to 12 pips. SL is set to 20 pips. Last candle close price is 1.2236. When i run the script (press the hotkey for it) it then puts a buy stop at 1.2248, and SL at 12216.

The rest i will try to edit and change for myself, I would thank you very very much if you could tell me how to write this basic code.

Thanks to any programmer who can help me, you are the best!

-johnny

well, let's get started

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/135741

Ok, this is what I have, opened a new Script:

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//|                                      PO for last close price.mq4 |
//|                        Copyright 2012, MetaQuotes Software Corp. |
//|                                        http://www.metaquotes.net |
#property copyright "Copyright 2012, MetaQuotes Software Corp."
#property link      "https://forum.mql4.com/50686"

//| script program start function                                    |
int start()
  {
//----

//----
   return(0);
  }

Now I need to know the command to open a pending buy order right? I think it is OP_BUYSTOP, but I don't know where to place it. Man, that's complicated ;)

More important:

How do we determine last candle's close price?

double iClose( string symbol, int timeframe, int shift) 

Returns Close value for the bar of indicated symbol with timeframe and shift. 

example:

double price;

price=iClose("EURUSD",0,1);

smoknfx:

iClose[1]?

Thanks for the code, i tried implementing it in another code, giving the error: "left parenthesis expected".

My head is hurting, i need a break here.... ): Thanks for the reply though

johnny72:
smoknfx:

Thanks for the code, i tried implementing it in another code, giving the error: "left parenthesis expected".

My head is hurting, i need a break here.... ): Thanks for the reply though

CORRECT.

i did a typo.

notice my edited post.

syntax:

double price;

price=iClose(Symbol(),0,1);

Thanks smoknfx! I got your code working a bit, i will continue working on the whole thing tomorrow.

iClose(Symbol(),0,1);

that is. 1 means 1 previous candle right? so if it were 3 it would look 3 candles back. awesome. (And the 0 means? not that important, just curious :D)

johnny72:

Thanks smoknfx! I got your code working a bit, i will continue working on the whole thing tomorrow.

that is. 1 means 1 previous candle right? so if it were 3 it would look 3 candles back. awesome. (And the 0 means? not that important, just curious :D)

johnny,

0=current bar (first bar)

1=one bar back in time(second bar, actually)

2=two bars back in time(third bar)

good luck.

johnny72:

Read the documentation, it tells all there: iClose() timeframe - Timeframe. It can be any of Timeframe enumeration values. 0 means the current chart timeframe.

After some hours now i got it working :) Now it gets more complicated, because my "buy stop" i want to put above the candle gets "swapped prices" on a bearish candle (because the open price is above the close price)

Is there a way we can check if the last candle was bearish or bullish?

And then if the last candle was bearish, swap

iClose(Symbol(),0,1);

with

iOpen(Symbol(),0,1);

You probably write is like that: if the candle was bearish, use this code .......

and then below that: else use this normal code ........

Somebody can help how to check that, check if the candle was bearish and then use a different code?

Reason: