Solution for MT4 Editor Copy & Paste error in Windows 7 - page 2

onewithzachy:

Hi mod,

He he he ...

Rephrase : If 7 user install MetaTrader on 7's Program Files - for example install MT on C:\Trading Software\... - and as administrator, change its security property to allow users &/ authenticated users a full control, will there be any crashes on MetaEditor then ?

I tried that before but full admin user right did not help in my case..

US English Keyboard solved it for me.

yjcho03:

I tried that before but full admin user right did not help in my case..

US English Keyboard solved it for me.

So if you change your Keyboard back to how it was before the error returns ? have you tested that ?

RaptorUK:

So if you change your Keyboard back to how it was before the error returns ? have you tested that ?

Yes it does return error.

If you do not set it as a default keyboard, you will also see the same error.

Its not my problem if you like my solution or not. its up to you to try or not.

But you are calling it not a solution not even trying it once.

Its going to confuse other users in this forum.

Mod does not like dislike when his keyboard English keyboard lose its English British accent :D

yjcho03:

Yes it does return error.

If you do not set it as a default keyboard, you will also see the same error.

Its not my problem if you like my solution or not. its up to you to try or not.

How should I try it when " I only have one Keyboard setup, UK English " ?

yjcho03:

Raptor

ITs your UK english keyboard.

Default US keyboard will not make any crashes.

Try and post your result here

You said . . " MT4 editor crashing problem seems to be caused by non English language input system. " I have an English language Keyboard . . . my MetaEditor is not crashing right now, how come ? I haven't changed my keyboard setting.

default US keyboard is no help for me (win7 x64)

I changed ME properties to run in compatibility mode win xp sp3 and so far no crashes, but will see how it goes

btw, I also had office 2010 word doc opened at the time of crashes. I've read other similar crash complaints with office 2007

maybe it's related?

Looks like this issue may have been fixed . . .

"MetaEditor: Fixed working with clipboard."

Preliminary Announcement of the New MetaTrader 4 Build 438

RaptorUK:

Looks like this issue may have been fixed . . .

"MetaEditor: Fixed working with clipboard."

Preliminary Announcement of the New MetaTrader 4 Build 438

Hi,

I too, experienced ME crashes frequently and it is truly frustrating no matter how many times I re-installed, re-started the MT4 from various brokers. Finally, I found a site that recommended to edit your EA outside of the MT4 folder. I copied the ME and my EA to another folder, say c:\temp, and I edit my EA from there. It works ! For those who are still trying to resolve ME crashes, you may want to try this way to edit your EA, then copy the final version back to your MT4 experts folder. Hope this helps.  

Reason: