Set an alert in the "Terminal Alert" with a script

Hi,

Everything is in the title, I have a script to put severals orders in one time, I search to set an alert on at least the first takepofit of my orders with the same script, but I want to see the alert in the Terminal.

Can I find a way to do this?

Thanks

crystal7:

Hi,

Everything is in the title, I have a script to put severals orders in one time, I search to set an alert on at least the first takepofit of my orders with the same script, but I want to see the alert in the Terminal.

Can I find a way to do this?

Thanks

Hi crystal7,

You have to re-write the alerts.ini file in profile folder by using WinAPI. Read this article File Operation via WinAPI ,

:D

Since there are no slaves here, there are only two choices: learn to code or pay someone. We're not going to code it FOR you. We are willing to HELP you.

onewithzachy:

Hi crystal7,

You have to re-write the alerts.ini file in profile folder by using WinAPI. Read this article File Operation via WinAPI ,

Thank you,

I have a problem, my file alert.ini stay empty, even when I close MT4, but the alert is in the terminal when I reopen it.

So, where the alert is write?

Allright,

My problem is solved now. I was not the administrator.

My question is what I must put in my string to copy it into the alert.ini, because when I open alert.ini with Wordpad the characters are very strange.

Thank you

Hi crystal7,

We're not supposed to be admin to get this file written.I found mine at "compatibility view" address (C:\Users\<my user name>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Trading Platform\MetaTrader - Alpari UK (1)\profiles\alert.ini) and you're right, they are funny character. Coz we do not what to write to this alert.ini, I guess we can not have this one. Looks like you have to write CI that scream with a hard coded condition.

Reason: