Historical exchange rates

I am wishing to register for a postgraduate course at one of the the Universities in Sri Lanka. For the research i need open, close, high and low values of exchange rates of 7 major currency pairs namely, EUR/USD, GBP/USD, USD/JPY, USD/CHF, USD/CAD, AUD/USD, NZD/USD at 5 minute intervals from 2007 to 2012.May i know how can i get those data from your organization. How much do i have to pay for this?

here is a format of data that i need

DateTimeOpenHighLowCloseVolume
2011.07.299:00110.79110.86110.58110.8826
2011.07.299:05110.79110.93110.6110.79981

sasa0220:

May i know how can i get those data from your organization. How much do i have to pay for this?

1. When you registered did you miss the line that said "Any discussions except of concerning MetaQuotes Language 4 and auto trading are forbidden." You are in the wrong forum.
  2. The quotes from metaquotes are not very good and you probably can't get 5 minute ones that far back.
  3. Use this and you would have found things like this How To Set Up MetaTrader History Data And Get 90% Backtesting Quality | Alan's Forex Blog

Hi sasa0220

Try to Google 'forex historical data', much preferable use google.com.

Try also Dukascopy data (http://www.dukascopy.com/swiss/english/marketwatch/historical/) or you may want to install MetaTrader 5 then save the file the data into csv file (press Ctrl + S). Ask any Q about MT5 at MQL5.com.

:D

WHRoeder - Just to let you know: while your link to the article at alansforexblog.com is still active, that article contains a link to megaupload.com for the purpose of obtaining M1 Alpari data. Megaupload.com has been seized by the U.S. Government for copyright infringement, so it is no longer available. Although, I suspect that you suggested the article as an example of using the search function, which people should utilize before posting a new thread asking a question that has been asked and answered many times already. :)

sasa0220 - This forum is devoted to MQL programming and auto-trading (as WHRoeder mentioned), so the data you're requesting is not here. Onewithzachy has good advice, search for historical data on Google. You might also try HistData.com.

Hope this helps.

Hi sasa0220

I forget something, you can also install MetaTrader 4 and then press F2 where you can download any data you want. Please notice that the time may not GMT based.

:D

Thirteen:

WHRoeder - Just to let you know:

Although, I suspect that you suggested the article as an example of using the search function,

1. Interesting
  2. Yes
Reason: