[Scalper EA] What should I consider to bring this EA Live? - page 3

flaab:

I have backtested with tick data downloaded and results are pretty much the same (See chart attached where 90% quality is reached).

90% quality is not using tick data . . . if you are using tick data in the same way I have been you will get a figure of 99%.

seriously, the only way to realiably test the performance is to open a micro account, risking 100$ and letting the EA do its job. if you see it works as expected you can open a bigger account. As long as the bigger account is within the statistical results of the small account you are fine. Once it goes out of the boundaries maybe the time for this strategy is over.

Backtest should only be used to get an overview of the strategy and to fix obviously bugs. You probably find some new one, once you are on a live account.

You might need/want to consider including some 'Old Tick' handling, And serious error handling. Especially those where you not know if a order is open or not.

But again, this all does most likely not happen on demo accounts. At least i have not yet seen it.

All just my own opinion

zzuegg:

seriously, the only way to realiably test the performance is to open a micro account, risking 100$ and letting the EA do its job. if you see it works as expected you can open a bigger account. As long as the bigger account is within the statistical results of the small account you are fine. Once it goes out of the boundaries maybe the time for this strategy is over.

Backtest should only be used to get an overview of the strategy and to fix obviously bugs. You probably find some new one, once you are on a live account.

You might need/want to consider including some 'Old Tick' handling, And serious error handling. Especially those where you not know if a order is open or not.

But again, this all does most likely not happen on demo accounts. At least i have not yet seen it.

All just my own opinion

I'll do that, thank you.

To the VPS question: I always recommand to use 'Not trading related' providers. Most of the time they are cheaper, and second they do not care what you do with the server. I am using a german provider, and had never a problem wth them. I am running currently 4 servers with them and i can 100% suggest that, once ordered a new server is most of the time ready in one minute. Installation of different linux and windows installations is pretty easy and can be done trough a webinterface.

You should know that running a windowsserver is quite expensive if you plan to run only micro account. Ususally 20$/month are only charged for the windows license. Add another 20$ for the server.

Additionally if you can afford, invest 10$/month more to get a physical server instead of the virtual one. My provider offers a starter server with windows for 40€/month. With bigger account no problem, but with only a 100$ account, running a server is probably a loss business.

zzuegg:

To the VPS question: I always recommand to use 'Not trading related' providers. Most of the time they are cheaper, and second they do not care what you do with the server. I am using a german provider, and had never a problem wth them. I am running currently 4 servers with them and i can 100% suggest that, once ordered a new server is most of the time ready in one minute. Installation of different linux and windows installations is pretty easy and can be done trough a webinterface.

You should know that running a windowsserver is quite expensive if you plan to run only micro account. Ususally 20$/month are only charged for the windows license. Add another 20$ for the server.

Additionally if you can afford, invest 10$/month more to get a physical server instead of the virtual one. My provider offers a starter server with windows for 40€/month. With bigger account no problem, but with only a 100$ account, running a server is probably a loss business.

Well, maybe 20$ is worth the test. I'll develop it a little further and try in a live micro account, up to 100 trades or so, which should be around 3 months.

Best regards,

flaab:

Well, maybe 20$ is worth the test. I'll develop it a little further and try in a live micro account, up to 100 trades or so, which should be around 3 months.

Best regards,

Hi flaab here is a good VPS ive been using for over a year they are the best according to me http://www.bbvps.com . About the best way to test your EA i think you should get a vps account and run the EA if you dont trust your strategy test.

tonny:
Hi flaab here is a good VPS ive been using for over a year they are the best according to me http://www.bbvps.com/clients/aff.php?aff=074 . About the best way to test your EA i think you should get a vps account and run the EA if you dont trust your strategy test.
Affliates link, you should get banned for all your adverticement you post on this forum

zzuegg:
Affliates link, you should get banned for all your adverticement you post on this forum
Im not an affiliate i got this link from elsewhere but i also use the vps provider he asked for help and thats why i gave him my recommendation.

flaab:

It would be probably right. I guess the only good way to know if it works is forward test: excesive optimism is the first cause of busted accounts LOL.

I'll get some VPS. Do you guys know of a nice VPS located in the UK? If you do, send me a private message. Thanks!

See dont talk if you have nothing good to say :-( @zueg

Tonny, I appreaciate the recommendation. However, notice how I asked for a private message for that to avoid posting commercial links in the forum ;-)

Best regards,

Reason: