Trade & Account Layout Across Multiple Screens

Hi Guys

New here, so excuse if been asked before ;( been puzzled for while on how I can save the

trade and account window size to the way i want it as everytime I shutdown mt4 it reverts

to the default layout every colum evenly spaced from left to right in bottom of mt4

I have reduced the colums so I can see all the information in one screen, and this maybe where

the problem lies as I have mt4 scretched across 6screens so I'm looking for a solution for it

to remember the screen layout, maybe simple but I havent found it yet

Thanks In Advance

Tekmann

Hello!

Ehm... I'm not know if it ist the only way or not, but you know how to use templates?

You must click with the right button on the screen (may be an open chart) >> Template >> Save Template, looking for any other options to set, to reach that what you are looking for.

Regards!

Tekmann:

Hi Guys

New here, so excuse if been asked before ;( been puzzled for while on how I can save the

trade and account window size to the way i want it as everytime I shutdown mt4 it reverts

to the default layout every colum evenly spaced from left to right in bottom of mt4

I have reduced the colums so I can see all the information in one screen, and this maybe where

the problem lies as I have mt4 scretched across 6screens so I'm looking for a solution for it

to remember the screen layout, maybe simple but I havent found it yet

Thanks In Advance

Tekmann

Beside template (like eliusm said) you can use profile. Look at status bar below chart, click on it > select Save As Profile ... and you're done (Profiles can also be opened through menu file > Profiles )

:D

Thanks Guys for the response.

I'm sorry Eliusm, I didnt understand what you meant, but I do savechart templates for ma's indicators, etc and that works fine

but it never saves the layout of the think its called "terminal window" where you have the trade, account history, etc details

as I have mt4 spread (stretched) across bottom 3 screens and wanted trade and account history only across 1 screen (bottom left screen)

I also set the screen the way I wanted it OnewithZachy, then tried replacing the default profile with my new profile layout but everytime I
reopen the mt4 application, it reappears across bottom 3screens.

So any other ideas would be much appreciated.

Attachment shows how I would like it ;)
Thanks

Tekmann

Dear Tekmann,

My apology missunderstood your Q.

Right click on it, check - uncheck 'Auto Arrange'.

Hi OneWithZachy.

Yes I have done that and it works till I shut down the application, then goes back

to origional layout when restarted sadly.

I can edit ini or config files if I only knew which one to edit ;)

Tekmann:

Hi OneWithZachy.

Yes I have done that and it works till I shut down the application, then goes back

to origional layout when restarted sadly.

I can edit ini or config files if I only knew which one to edit ;)

It's in MetaTrader's config folder (terminal.ini), if you can't find it, try search MetaTrader's config folder at C:\Users\%UserName%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\... .

BTW what is the size of your screen ?.

[Edit : Is it Vista/7, try to install it outside C:\Program Files].

Thanks for your responses OneWithZachy.

I think I have it sorted out now

I am running Win7 Pro 64bit 6x19"screens @1400x900 res & 1x42" 1920x1080

But the terminal window was maximised and even though auto arrange was off
it kept evenly spacing them from left to right.

I have resolved the problem by simply reducing the terminal window size as desired
and it retains that size when I restart.

Much appreciate your help n efforts and hope the markets are good to you.

Cheers
Tekmann

Tekmann:

Thanks for your responses OneWithZachy.

I think I have it sorted out now

I am running Win7 Pro 64bit 6x19"screens @1400x900 res & 1x42" 1920x1080

But the terminal window was maximised and even though auto arrange was off
it kept evenly spacing them from left to right.

I have resolved the problem by simply reducing the terminal window size as desired
and it retains that size when I restart.

Much appreciate your help n efforts and hope the markets are good to you.

Cheers
Tekmann

You're welcome, and happy pips to you too.

42 " eh ? That a ... huge, extraordinary very huge.

Tekmann:
New here, so excuse if been asked before ;( been puzzled for while on how I can save the trade and account window size to the way i want it as everytime I shutdown mt4 it reverts
  1. Don't install in \program files* on Vista/Win7
  2. options -> server -> Keep personal settings
  3. If you want new charts to match existing ones, save a template as default.tpl and tester.tpl
  4. If the above doesn't work, because it's across multiple screens, then I suggest you buy ZMover
Reason: