please i need help

my dear forum members please i had difficulties writing my ea in to dll can someone please help me with an example of writing simple dll for my EA,using C++ 2010 or pascal or clear example how to use dll contain in mql4 platform. especially writing indicator like MA OR BOLINGER BAND etc into dll.

please my dear forum member any practical code help is appreciated. thanks

dan100:

my dear forum members please i had difficulties writing my ea in to dll can someone please help me with an example of writing simple dll for my EA,using C++ 2010 or pascal or clear example how to use dll contain in mql4 platform. especially writing indicator like MA OR BOLINGER BAND etc into dll.

I don't personally write DLLs for trading, but I am curious why you think you need to use a DLL to write an indicator. Could you explain your reasoning?

Same question differently phrased: https://forum.mql4.com/48080

please dabbler what i mean is i have already writing a working ea but i want to give it to some traders that is why i wanted to hide some codes into dll for protection against decompiling by these managing smart traders. thanks and i will appreciate if you can use these manual simple working ea for the example pls

dabbler:
I don't personally write DLLs for trading, but I am curious why you think you need to use a DLL to write an indicator. Could you explain your reasoning?

Perhaps this wasn't clear. I don't know how to write a DLL to interface to MQL4, I have never done it.

When I see ...

__declspec(dllexport) int __stdcall

at work I call in the softies and get them to write that bit of the code!

If I had a working EA, by which I mean one that would actually consistently make a profit in a real account, I would not sell it (or rent it), I would trade with it.

You could try this ...

http://www.metatrader.info/node/150

http://www.xpworx.com/metatrader-mql-articles/mql4-articles/create-your-own-metatrader-extension-dll.php

and others like it found using a google search ...

write a dll for mql4

thank you dabbler for you help

dan100:

please my dear forum member any practical code help is appreciated. thanks

That's piece of cake. Patrick Nouvion's dll video tutorial and at forex-tsd, there's also example in your expert folder > samples > DLLsample, and if you still have more Q about dll, - if possible - please don't create new thread, but continue with this one.

And please change the title into "please i need help with dll"

:D

onewithzachy:

That's piece of cake. Patrick Nouvion's dll video tutorial

That Video tutorial is excellent. Thanks :-)

to commend the video however is great but it focus mainly on how to get indicator rates but what i really want is a case where i can simply hide or write part of "Moving Average" OR "BOLINGER BAND" or iStochastic in to dll only.....

let say like

lowf5= iStochastic(NULL,0,53,5,20,MODE_SMMA,0,MODE_MAIN,0);

lowf6= iStochastic(NULL,0,53,5,20,MODE_SMMA,0,MODE_MAIN,0);

please any help is appreciated

dan100:

to commend the video however is great but it focus mainly on how to get indicator rates but what i really want is a case where i can simply hide or write part of "Moving Average" OR "BOLINGER BAND" or iStochastic in to dll only.....

let say like

lowf5= iStochastic(NULL,0,53,5,20,MODE_SMMA,0,MODE_MAIN,0);

lowf6= iStochastic(NULL,0,53,5,20,MODE_SMMA,0,MODE_MAIN,0);

please any help is appreciated

You can't write/call MQL4 command and function inside/from dll. Say you want to create RSI indicator with dll, then you have to write the formula of RSI right inside dll and can not using or call iRSI() or iRSIonArray() inside/from dll. This is because dll is Windows API, it will never accept MQL command and function, you just have to write them from a scratch.

Patrick's video also show that he wrote the MA formula inside the dll.

:D

Reason: