Continous reloading of custom indicator in EA

There are several posts regarding the continuous reloading of custom indicator in EA and none of them actually solves anything.

MT4 has a bug in opening of custom indicator, and i cannot find the trigger.

Sometimes it is working fine, and sometimes it keeps reloading, without executing any code from custom indicator:

17:18:37 2012.04.13 15:20 OtvaraloBBandsStopIn AUDJPY,M15: loaded successfully
17:18:37 2012.04.13 15:20 OtvaraloBBandsStopIn AUDJPY,M15: removed
17:18:37 2012.04.13 15:21 OtvaraloBBandsStopIn AUDJPY,M15: loaded successfully
17:18:37 2012.04.13 15:21 OtvaraloBBandsStopIn AUDJPY,M15: removed

17:19:00 2012.04.18 10:45 OtvaraloBBandsStopIn AUDJPY,M15: loaded successfully
17:19:00 2012.04.18 10:45 OtvaraloBBandsStopIn AUDJPY,M15: Uspjeh init.
17:19:00 2012.04.18 10:45 OtvaraloBBandsStopIn AUDJPY,M15: Uspjeh end init
17:19:00 2012.04.18 10:45 OtvaraloBBandsStopIn AUDJPY,M15: Uspjeh start.
etc.

M1 data starts 13. IV 2012 at 13:40, but I don't see a connection (This is just one manifestation).

No Code in custom indicator is never getting executed: init/deinit/start, and no information is given to UninitializeReason().

In EA, custom indicator is used on two TFs. After the M15 TF gets finally loaded and executed, the second custom indicator TF instance (H4) gets loaded without issues.

It has nothing to do with the way the custom indicator is being called (NULL/Symbol()/string nor the number of parameters).

What are the chances of this issue being solved?

Also, if there is an experienced programmer who can tell me how much of problems is there in MT5, is it worth it?
It seems that a much smarter solution would be migrating the code outside of MT.
I know a few bugs in MT4, however this is the first one i cannot get by, to find a workaround.

Beside not working on some periods, this issue triples the optimization time all together.

graziani:

Beside not working on some periods, this issue triples the optimization time all together.

How do you know this ?

graziani:
Sometimes it is working fine, and sometimes it keeps reloading, without executing any code from custom indicator:
Don't install in \program files* on vista/win7

If this issue happens while using the tester : it happens very often when you choose to test over a small period and when it's near the last day of trading. So one solution is to set your test period to one week before. If it's still not ok take one more week before again...

RaptorUK:
How do you know this ?

it lasts 3x times longer?

no, i dont mean that without this bug optimizing would be 3x faster. i just meant that strategy optimization lasts 3x longer when this starts to happen.

WHRoeder:

this logically doesn't have anything to do with this issue.

however i have 5 different instances of MT4 installed and only one is in program files, and it happens on all of them.

Jacques366:

If this issue happens while using the tester : it happens very often when you choose to test over a small period and when it's near the last day of trading. So one solution is to set your test period to one week before. If it's still not ok take one more week before again...

well it has to have something to do with data (what else?),but i cannot get a grip on it. on all instances i have M1 history of 1-5 years in length installed (depending on use case), and this history is loaded from data center and converted to higher TFs with period converter. So it is as clean as possible. But it also happens when i choose to make an optimization run on just a part of dataset, so it doesn't seem to be connected to begining nor end of loaded dataset.

It is significant that the custom indicator is not run, it is only loaded and removed. The code of start, init, and deinit procedures is not executed during this loading attempts!!!

graziani:

well it has to have something to do with data (what else?),but i cannot get a grip on it. on all instances i have M1 history of 1-5 years in length installed (depending on use case), and this history is loaded from data center and converted to higher TFs with period converter. So it is as clean as possible. But it also happens when i choose to make an optimization run on just a part of dataset, so it doesn't seem to be connected to begining nor end of loaded dataset.

It is significant that the custom indicator is not run, it is only loaded and removed. The code of start, init, and deinit procedures is not executed during this loading attempts!!!

I meant by the period of test the date you are selecting in the tester : use date from .... to ... (not the loaded history data) try to enlarge it. That the only case where I am geting the issue, as far as I understand he descrption you made.

(I am not using the optimizer)

graziani:
WHRoeder:

this logically doesn't have anything to do with this issue.

however i have 5 different instances of MT4 installed and only one is in program files, and it happens on all of them.

Installing in \program files results in many strange, hard to diagnose problems, so it does have a logical connection to your issue, just not a useful solution.

I had same problem!

Looks like I found solution.

simple answer: Make sure you have history for time frame that keeps reloading itself.

Once you downloaded or converted "missing" Period make sure to restart your MT4 instance (I had to).

Best way to find out how much history your MT4 holds is : File>Open Offline. If required Timeframe holds less than tens of thousands bars and you testing for a year than you definitely need to import your history.

kanaps:

I had same problem!

Looks like I found solution.

simple answer: Make sure you have history for time frame that keeps reloading itself.

Once you downloaded or converted "missing" Period make sure to restart your MT4 instance (I had to).

Best way to find out how much history your MT4 holds is : File>Open Offline. If required Timeframe holds less than tens of thousands bars and you testing for a year than you definitely need to import your history.

This was absolutely one of the best answers I've seen (ever) on this board for the all too familiar and always reapeating: [b]"TimeFrame: Loaded Successfully"[/b] message that MT4 loves to use as a weapon for blowing-up its own "log" journal in the Tester folder. Not to mention the fact that the message itself has nothing whatsoever to do with the actual problem.

Instead, why couldn't the MT4 developers simply write the following to the Tester Journal: "Warning! Insufficient History Data for iCustom_Name.ex4."

That pin-points the problem for the trader and prevents them from spending half a day, surfing the web to find amazingly brilliant posts like yours.

Thank you for placing something on this forum that was actually beneficial to its members, without reams of useless nonsequitur "hints" that do nothing and say nothing. You are to be congratulated, Sir!

Special Regards, [you solved my problem]

CFX

Reason: