PROBLEM WITH STRATEGY TESTER MT4 - page 2

dabbler:
I don't like all those mismatched data errors. Open a GBPUSD chart, M1, right mouse click Refresh. Then click up through M5, M15, M30, H1 to whatever timeframe you are setting the strategy tester to refreshing as you go. Set the strategy tester to not more than 2 months ago and try again.

I have refreshed M15 chart today (14th May 2012 Monday) Now there are no mismatched data errors in journal. But still this Ea is not working in tester even after refreshing data, when tested with data on 9th may 2012 where the condition in EA is met with. When I tested with data on 10th May 2012 it worked by satisfying the condition in EA

dabbler:
I don't like all those mismatched data errors. Open a GBPUSD chart, M1, right mouse click Refresh. Then click up through M5, M15, M30, H1 to whatever timeframe you are setting the strategy tester to refreshing as you go. Set the strategy tester to not more than 2 months ago and try again.

I did as you said. But still this problem is there. So I added a variable diff in my program to see the value through comment() function.

When I run the EA on date 9th May 2012 where the condition is met, the value of diff is displayed as zero. But on 10th May 2012, the condition is met and value is displayed and EA was working on 10th May 2012.

if(longtrend){
 if(TL3>ema200){
 diff=TL3-ema200;
if((diff)<range*poin){
 if(Close[0]> TL3){  
if ((CurTime()- Time[0])>= 360){

if(cnt<2 ){
 //SendMail("Sell Entry "," Date ="+TimeToStr(CurTime(),TIME_DATE|TIME_MINUTES)+" Symbol ="+Symbol()+"\n"+
 //     " Close price ="+DoubleToStr(Close[1],Digits)+"");
res=  OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots,Ask,1*PipFactor,0,0,"Volume: "+Volume[0]+"Time: "+TimeCurrent(),BuyOrder,0,Green);   
  cnt++;
  }
  }
  }
  }
  }

Comment("EA BOTH TREND - BUYLINE(TH3) = ",TH3,"  SELL LINE(BL3) = ",BL3,
  "\nLONG TREND = ",LT,"  SHORT TREND = ",ST,"  RANGEPIPS DOWN = ",range,"  RANGEPIPS TOP = ",range2,
  "\nACTUAL RANGEPIPS = ",diff*10000);

sunilkumarks46:

diff is displayed as zero. But on 10th May 2012, the condition is met and value is displayed and EA was working on 10th May 2012.

res=  OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,...);   
  cnt++;

Add Print statements. Did you even call the OrderSend? Did you check the return code to see if it worked? What was the error code?

There are no mind readers here. YOU must find out WHY.

sunilkumarks46:

I have refreshed M15 chart today (14th May 2012 Monday) Now there are no mismatched data errors in journal. But still this Ea is not working in tester even after refreshing data, when tested with data on 9th may 2012 where the condition in EA is met with. When I tested with data on 10th May 2012 it worked by satisfying the condition in EA

Well done. So you now need to find out where it is getting to. If necessary put a Print statement after every line in the program with a unique string eg "Checkpoint 1", "Checkpoint 2", "Checkpoint 3". then you will know where it is not getting and you can then put in more specific tests. Good luck.

I have checked my EA. There are no errors in the code. The problem is in the test generator unmatched data. How to solve this unmatched data error in strategy tester. Earlier my friend Mr Dabbler posted a solution but I could not follow it. Are there any post / link giving more details on fixing this issue?

sunilkumarks46:
I have checked my EA. There are no errors in the code. The problem is in the test generator unmatched data. How to solve this unmatched data error in strategy tester. Earlier my friend Mr Dabbler posted a solution but I could not follow it. Are there any post / link giving more details on fixing this issue?
Yep, get better data . . . . you can get data from ForexTester or from Dukascopy . . . search for either of these on this forum and you will find plenty of info.

sunilkumarks46:

Earlier my friend Mr Dabbler posted a solution but I could not follow it.

That's Sith Lord Dabbler to you :-)

Does this history error mean that you do not get problems on other pairs, eg EURUSD, EURJPY, GBP,JPY etc?

You might try deleting the relevant history files and just loading data from MetaQuotes using Tool | History centre. This is just to get you going again.

my strategy tester is not running any EA i dont know how to solve this issue can u help

Help please! Can I use MT4 strategy tester on weekends? If yes how please.

Tambari Akpo:
Help please! Can I use MT4 strategy tester on weekends? If yes how please.

Of course you can. Download the necessary currency pair history from MT4/5 >> Tools >> History Center and run your backtest.

Reason: