I need History data with GMT time. - page 2

HarriMQL4:

Raptor... can you tell me please: was this TICK data that you converted?

Yes,  I downloaded the Dukascopy tick data and then used CSV2FXT to convert it to all the timeframes I needed,  M1 to MN1

RaptorUK:
Yes,  I downloaded the Dukascopy tick data and then used CSV2FXT to convert it to all the timeframes I needed,  M1 to MN1

Right, ok, thanks. The issue with downloading tick data from Dukascopy is that they've changed the tool on the website (Historical Feed) so that you can only download one day's worth of tick data at a time (this is mentioned on the eareview site). So I will either write a program to import the 1M data I already have, or look for a tool to get around the website limitation (e.g. tickstory).

Thanks again for your help

HarriMQL4:

Right, ok, thanks. The issue with downloading tick data from Dukascopy is that they've changed the tool on the website (Historical Feed) so that you can only download one day's worth of tick data at a time (this is mentioned on the eareview site). So I will either write a program to import the 1M data I already have, or look for a tool to get around the website limitation (e.g. tickstory).

I didn't download it from the website, I opened a Demo account and got it via that.  There are other sources of tick data too . . .

the advice given here related to Dukascopy is not correct. the OP asked for MT4 data in GMT. Dukascopy's MT4 data is *not* GMT, it's "Europe/Kiev" (GMT+0200,GMT+0300, DST settings of Kiev). last time i checked with the different brokers i found the following values to be true (excerpt from my timezone library):

else if (StringStartsWith(directory, "alpari-"            )) timezone = "Alpari";               // Alpari: to   01.04.2012 "Europe/Berlin"
   else if (StringStartsWith(directory, "alparibroker-"      )) timezone = "Alpari";               //         from 02.04.2012 "Europe/Kiev"
   else if (StringStartsWith(directory, "alpariuk-"          )) timezone = "Alpari";               //
   else if (StringStartsWith(directory, "alparius-"          )) timezone = "Alpari";               // (existing history wasn't updated)
   else if (StringStartsWith(directory, "apbgtrading-"       )) timezone = "Europe/Berlin";
   else if (StringStartsWith(directory, "atcbrokers-"        )) timezone = "FXT";                  // America/New_York +0700 (most exact timezone setting for FX)
   else if (StringStartsWith(directory, "atcbrokersest-"     )) timezone = "America/New_York";
   else if (StringStartsWith(directory, "atcbrokersliq1-"    )) timezone = "FXT";
   else if (StringStartsWith(directory, "broco-"             )) timezone = "Europe/Berlin";
   else if (StringStartsWith(directory, "brocoinvestments-"  )) timezone = "Europe/Berlin";
   else if (StringStartsWith(directory, "dukascopy-"         )) timezone = "Europe/Kiev";
   else if (StringStartsWith(directory, "easyforex-"         )) timezone = "GMT";
   else if (StringStartsWith(directory, "finfx-"             )) timezone = "Europe/Kiev";
   else if (StringStartsWith(directory, "forex-"             )) timezone = "GMT";
   else if (StringStartsWith(directory, "fxprimus-"          )) timezone = "Europe/Kiev";
   else if (StringStartsWith(directory, "fxpro.com-"         )) timezone = "Europe/Kiev";
   else if (StringStartsWith(directory, "fxdd-"              )) timezone = "Europe/Kiev";
   else if (StringStartsWith(directory, "gcmfx-"             )) timezone = "GMT";
   else if (StringStartsWith(directory, "gftforex-"          )) timezone = "GMT";
   else if (StringStartsWith(directory, "inovatrade-"        )) timezone = "Europe/Berlin";
   else if (StringStartsWith(directory, "investorseurope-"   )) timezone = "Europe/London";
   else if (StringStartsWith(directory, "liteforex-"         )) timezone = "Europe/Minsk";
   else if (StringStartsWith(directory, "londoncapitalgr-"   )) timezone = "GMT";
   else if (StringStartsWith(directory, "londoncapitalgroup-")) timezone = "GMT";
   else if (StringStartsWith(directory, "mbtrading-"         )) timezone = "America/New_York";
   else if (StringStartsWith(directory, "migbank-"           )) timezone = "Europe/Berlin";
   else if (StringStartsWith(directory, "oanda-"             )) timezone = "America/New_York";
   else if (StringStartsWith(directory, "primexm-"           )) timezone = "GMT";                 // FXMTF
   else if (StringStartsWith(directory, "sig-"               )) timezone = "Europe/Minsk";
   else if (StringStartsWith(directory, "sts-"               )) timezone = "Europe/Kiev";
   else if (StringStartsWith(directory, "teletrade-"         )) timezone = "Europe/Berlin";
   else {
      // fallback to manual configuration
      timezone = GetGlobalConfigString("Timezones", directory, "");
      if (StringLen(timezone) == 0)
         return(_empty(catch("GetServerTimezone(1)   missing timezone configuration for trade server \""+ GetServerDirectory() +"\"", ERR_INVALID_TIMEZONE_CONFIG)));
   }

as can be seen at the moment ATC is the only one providing data with true/correct timezone settings: GMT+0200 with DST settings of New York applied, means session opening/closing time is always at 00:00, independend of DST.

ps: Dukascopy's tick data is indeed GMT. if i interpret the answers of the OP correctly it seems to me he's not able to handle tick data conversion but is looking for a more direct approach.

Lol... you made me go through all the work to verify for nothing. Just let it go man. Don't waste your time on people who would not be bothered to verify any information for themselves. Since I already did the work:

I downloaded a 1-day [m1-data] from Here [March 30 2012] && [November 30 2012]. just to verify if the Open/Close would line-up with 00:00 like you wanted. Indeed it did. This is not a Tick-Data issue as you're trying to support this OP position again.... It's a I'm too lazy to follow at least 3 different solutions provided on Brits page which gives you m1-gmt data for back-testing in mt4.

You're a really good programmer btw. :)

paulepanke: the advice given here related to Dukascopy is not correct. the OP asked for MT4 data in GMT. Dukascopy's MT4 data is *not* GMT, it's "Europe/Kiev" (GMT+0200,GMT+0300, DST settings of Kiev). last time i checked with the different brokers i found the following values to be true (excerpt from my timezone library):

paulepanke:
ps: Dukascopy's tick data is indeed GMT. if i interpret the answers of the OP correctly it seems to me he's not able to handle tick data conversion but is looking for a more direct approach.

RaptorUK:
I didn't download it from the website, I opened a Demo account and got it via that.  There are other sources of tick data too . . .

In the end, I did both of my suggestions:

a) Wrote a program to convert the Dukascopy 1M data, leaving out the weekend bars and shifting the time to EET (Alpari UK server time). Means no Sunday bars. Did this on my laptop MT4 installation. Might place it in codebase if anyone thinks it might be useful to them?

b) Used a 3rd-party software tool (free) to import direct from Dukascopy website into MT4 on my VPS. It can also generate FXT files as well. Not advertising, but its called tickstory.

So right now I'm a happy bunny, testing my code on clean data. Thanks to Raptor and others who helped with advice, suggestions and code snippets/examples.

Reason: