I need History data with GMT time.

Dear All,

I need History data with GMT time for backtest.

Please advice me where can I download it.

Thank you very much

DoHung

Dukascopy . . . also see ea-review for more info

Dear RaptorUK,

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

I've read hole topic/sub-topic. That makes me more clear on preparing history data.

Unfortunately, I have not get what I want.

In fact, my problem is I want to do backtest with history data at GMT time.

How can I do ? should I have to test with broker that use GMT ?

Any idea of other way ? Please advice me if any.

Thank you.

DoHung

I believe Dukascopy data is already GMT=0. Most data sources will tell you which Gmt the Source-Broker is on. In the instructions above, I believe the script gives you the ability to Shift/Correct the time to whatever you want. You may also be able to Shift time using the drop-down box when Importing .Hst (different from .Fxt) files.

Dohung:

In fact, my problem is I want to do backtest with history data at GMT time.

Use data that is at GMT

Dukascopy . . . also see ea-review for more info

ubzen:
....You may also be able to Shift time using the drop-down box when Importing .Hst (different from .Fxt) files.

Yeah, that will work perfectly for brokers who never change their time compare to GMT

My broker is GMT+2 from the last Sunday of March to the last Sunday of Oct.

Then it changes time to GMT+3 for remaining time of years.

Therefore, the shift time is not fixed for whole year. So I can not use the function as your comment.

Any other proposal for this issue ?

Thank you very much !

Do Hung

Dohung:

Yeah, that will work perfectly for brokers who never change their time compare to GMT

My broker is GMT+2 from the last Sunday of March to the last Sunday of Oct.

Then it changes time to GMT+3 for remaining time of years.

Therefore, the shift time is not fixed for whole year. So I can not use the function as your comment.

Any other proposal for this issue ?

Thank you very much !

Do Hung

Have you tried any of the proposals we've made?

Dohung:

Yeah, I try Dukascopy but it does not have MT4.

I need data of MT4.

You have to import it . . . follow the links posted. I have 15 pairs of tick data from Dukascopy . . . all converted and ready for use in MT4.

raptur, can i purchase your data

its despreate me to makae the process

RaptorUK:
You have to import it . . . follow the links posted. I have 15 pairs of tick data from Dukascopy . . . all converted and ready for use in MT4.

amanda.annaya:

raptur, can i purchase your data

its despreate me to makae the process

It's not my data to sell, simply get it for free from Dukascopy . . . if you can't be bothered to make some effort them forget about Forex . . . trading is one of the hardest thing you will ever do in your life, you need to be prepared to learn lots and lots and work very, very hard.

RaptorUK:

Raptor... can you tell me please: was this TICK data that you converted?

I download some sample 1-minute data from Dukascopy (ie, NOT tick data). Looking at it (in Excel), it has bars/rows where the High, Low, Close, and Open are all the same value and Volume value is 0. These records occur on the weekend, when the market/broker is closed. When I import the data into MT4, it displays the bars for these periods (look like dashes on the chart).

What do you advise, please? Is there a program to convert the 1M dukascopy data so it doesnt have these weekend bars?

Thank you very much for your time 

Reason: