ASAR - page 2

Take a look at this topic https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/139608 and read it Then you will see what my opinion is about this ExpertAdvisorBuilder.

If you wanna learn to code EA's yourself and you wanna do it good then this is not the solution...

From me you don't gonna get any help if you want to code with crap EABuilders.... That's not the way to learn code

Take the time read and study Book and there are more sources. Read the topics here in the Forum and begin with some simple programming

In Code Base there are enough simple programs to find sometimes also badly written that can be improved...

If you learn yourself because you wrote finally time that I do this myself then begin with basic read study and test

ASAR:

Okay, this is the code I've generated at the Expert Advisor Builder site for opening the first trade.

Hi ASAR,

Why don't you click the link that deVries and RaptorUK gave, I replied and tried to help there too.

99.99 % of your codes is identical with the one over there. So, unfortunately, you have to fix your EA first before modifying/applying your next code.

:(

Okay, thanks for all of your replies. What I've basically gotten from them is that the code at Expert Advisor Builder is so bad that it would be better to start from scratch rather than try to work with it.

ASAR:

Okay, thanks for all of your replies. What I've basically gotten from them is that the code at Expert Advisor Builder is so bad that it would be better to start from scratch rather than try to work with it.

you are starting scratch if you use it, but also you don't know and don't learn the coding mq4 to use...

and that is the most important thing you have to do...

It has to be that when you see programlines written mq4 you recognize the common wrong things inside the program

making and testing programs yourself will help you with it

RaptorUK:
What does that code do ? what is InstanceID ? what are you going to do with lastClosedDirection ?

From what I've found from a search, "The InstanceId property uniquely identifies an event entry for a configured event source." In another search limited to just mql4, it was referenced for an EA at an ibfx site and at a mechanicalforex site.

The code is supposed to open a trade in the opposite direction of the last closed trade.

ASAR:

From what I've found from a search, "The InstanceId property uniquely identifies an event entry for a configured event source." In another search limited to just mql4, it was referenced for an EA at an ibfx site and at a mechanicalforex site.

The code is supposed to open a trade in the opposite direction of the last closed trade.

It won't do any of that, the only place InstanceID appears is in the code you have tagged onto the end of the garbage produced by Expert Advisor Builder . . . if you are serious about creating an EA you need to learn to code . .

ASAR:

I am finished paying people to build my EAs. It's finally time that I do this myself.

I would like to create a template that I can further build upon called ASAR (ATR Stop And Reverse) but am unsure of how to begin as this will be my first EA. Because the unmodified template would just be an ATR trailing stop (and reverse) with ATR lot sizing, it would run non-stop throughout the week from market open to market close. Thus, the opening trade signal upon the market open would simply be to open in the direction of the previous bar (which would happen to be the last bar of the previous market close). Since this would only happen once at the beginning of the week, would this call for a script?

How do I go about figuring out how to code this?

I've seen examples that take a person through the coding process but the problem with such examples is that they don't really show a person how to figure out things that aren't presented. For instance, MetaQuotes' MQL4 book is good at explaining the basics accompanied by specific examples, but in all the things that I've read, I don't recall coming across the information that would enable me to figure out the coding of the initial trade signal I've chosen for the template.

You gotta have a better reason, than being tired of paying, to want to do the coding yourself!

Coding is hard work, very hard work as you are finding out.

But it is satisfying work if you can master it.

Meanwhile.... if the EAs you pay for make you money, why change now?

skaboy:

You gotta have a better reason, than being tired of paying, to want to do the coding yourself!

Coding is hard work, very hard work as you are finding out.

But it is satisfying work if you can master it.

Meanwhile.... if the EAs you pay for make you money, why change now?

It's not that I'm tired of paying. It's that I'm finished paying time and money for incompetence. If I knew of a coder that I had some kind of assurance of being competent, I'd pay that person. I've paid for several EAs over the past two years that either didn't profit or didn't profit well enough. When I finally refined my final idea (which was really my original idea before I got side tracked trying out other strategies), the coder I had usually used couldn't get the final version correct. From February 29 to April 24, we kept doing the song and dance of him sending me the correction only to have me send him the charts and tester reports showing that it still wasn't correct. At one point, he even tried to tell me that the EA was working according to design even though it was only supposed to trade a few hours a day but instead was alternating between opening trades that could last up to 7 years and opening several consecutive trades a minute every minute. In the end, he added something (lightscribe?) that was supposed to tell him what was going wrong when I sent him the logs but that didn't work either. I even provided him with remote access so he could do it himself and it still wouldn't work. So he suggested I download MT4 again and install it in its own folder instead of in Program Files. I did that and the problem remained. He then asked me if there was still a problem with the EA. For me, that was the last straw and I let him know that if he couldn't get it correct after all this time, I needed a refund. I received my refund within a couple of hours.

I then considered using another coding service I had used before that charged six times more for coding my EA. For that price, I needed to be pretty damn sure that they were going to be able to do the job and based on a previous experience I had with them, I wasn't sure. A little over a year ago, I had needed an indicator made that the first coding service had failed to do correctly so I tried the other more expensive coding service and they were unable to get it correct on their own as well. I even had to forward an email of a past communication to them showing I had specified something they had claimed I never mentioned. In the end, in order to get what I had paid for, I had to tell them how to figure out how to do it which for me was ridiculous. They said they could do it. They had accepted my payment for their service. So I shouldn't have to have ended up telling them how to do their job. The indicator I had wanted was a standard deviation indicator presented in a window like RSI such that when the rate of the standard deviation increased going long, it would be above the zero line (which is 50 in the RSI indicator) and when it increased in momentum going short, it would be below the zero line. When finally completed correctly, it wasn't what I had expected but at least it was what I had paid for.

So, I really don't want to have to go through that again. Without some kind of assurance that a coding service will be competent in coding my EA, I have no choice but to have to learn how to do it myself. It's not something that I want to do, it's something that I have to do for current lack of an adequate alternative.

ASAR:

1. ... If I knew of a coder that I had some kind of assurance of being competent, I'd pay that person. ...

2. ... but to have to learn how to do it myself. It's not something that I want to do, it's something that I have to do for current lack of an adequate alternative.

1. I actually create a pool about that. Do we need a certified MQL5 programmer or not and turn out there's discussion about it in Russian forum. https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/6728 . Come to think of it, even if there is certification for MQL4/5, still I won't hire a coder that know nothing about trading.

2. Don't ever listen to discouragement. When I was newbie, I had a questions. Lots of 'em. I knew they were some stupid questions, but had no idea how stupid it was. So I asked, and they laughed, and mocked me, and, etc, etc, etc, and apparently for years they still remember it, (and it looks like that's the only thing their brain can remember). But I had to ask. I would never got the answer if I never asked. So I learn 2 things back then - and I still learn now. I learn new stuff from what I asked, and I learn to adjust my - student - attitude. If I listened to that discouragement, I probably would never even tried to asked that question, and would never ever know the answer. :D

Heck, me have to fix me engrish, act-u-ally.

ASAR:

So, I really don't want to have to go through that again. Without some kind of assurance that a coding service will be competent in coding my EA, I have no choice but to have to learn how to do it myself. It's not something that I want to do, it's something that I have to do for current lack of an adequate alternative.

Are you competent in defining exactly what your requirements are without changing them or needing to explain them before the coding is finished ? it's not an easy thing to do but it is critical to get the correct end product.
Reason: