Feature Requests.

I don't know if this is the place to do this but I'd like to make some feature requests.

Terminal:
1. The ability to choose whether to have an indicator window at the top or bottom of the chart.

2. Be able to blend indicators. e.g display a moving average over a CCI or blend two CCI's.

3. A logarithmic chart (or semi-log as it's commonly called)

4. Be able to change the thickness of dash and dot lines instead of just the solid line.

5. Volume candles. i.e fatter candles represent higher volume.

6. Display indicators as a histogram.

MQL4:
1. A preprocessor directive to tell the terminal how often to update the indicator. e.g. Every tick, once per new bar, once per new day, etc without having to use hacks.

2. Same as number 4 in terminal.

That's all can think of for now.

Cheers, Jason.

:)

I think you can do #2. Just drag a new indicator into an existing indicator window.

irusoh1:
I think you can do #2. Just drag a new indicator into an existing indicator window.

I've tried it and it doesn't work.

Another.

Terminal:
7. I saw on a forum that the time is set on the server which is why it can't be adjusted in MetaTrader but this would be simple to do: MetaTrader would just have to read the current time from the server and adjust it up or down to the local time on the machine; then it would just adjust the times as it's counting back. So if Time[0] is 22:30 and your computer is 21:30 then MT4 would just need to subtract one hour and show 21:30 and thus just subtract one hour from every bar. If you understand what I mean.

8. For the custom indicator parameter dialogs don't disable the arrow buttons and input boxes until double clicked: this breaks it running on Linux using Wine; please make them editable like the official indicator dialogs.

9. A Linux version would be nice. :)

MQL4:
3. A dropdown choice box such as those found in the official indicators. i.e MA method and Apply to boxes. This dropdown box would allow for different types of data.

4. More indicator buffers.

5. More arrows symbols or the ability to import your own images.

Terminal:
1, 3, 5-9. Thank you for suggestions.
2. Read "Secrets of the MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal: Indicators"
4. Refer to built-in help file of MetaTrader 4.

MQL4:
  1. Just design own logic in your custom indicator.
  2. SetIndexStyle
  3. Thank you for suggestion.
  4. Optimize your custom indicators.
  5. ObjectCreate and wingdings

yeah I think the ability for a Time Zone Offset (so the user can display times on the chart in whatever time zone he wants) is the #1 most important feature request.

I mean, everyone wants to be able to see times in their own time zone on the chart.

I want to add the possibility to backtest in a period (for optimization) and see the result on a testing period out of sample data...this will help to see if curve fitting is a problem of nor in a strategy....

backtest output to avi file.

Hello Jason.

My name is Daniel Bambang Widjanarko S. i'm from indonesian.

Do you have Expert Advisor for your indicator EMA_CrossOver_Signals.MQ4

EMA_CrossOver_Signals indicator is good indicator..

Could you please help me to make Expert Advisor for indicator EMA_CrossOver_Signals ?

Thanks qu.

GBu

Daniel

bambangws@gmail.com

jnrtrading:
irusoh1:

I've tried it and it doesn't work.

Replay histroy from history data with adjusting play speed.

DxdCn:

Replay histroy from history data with adjusting play speed.

Read 'Testing Visualization: Manual Trading' please.
Reason: