I need help locating the problem - page 3

This is my 150 comments/reply.

I don't have any problem with my .dll, but then again I'm using Vista you using 7. Maybe I'm wrong and looks silly asking silly and stupid Qs now (coz I don't see your .dll, you silly you) but let's do some silly experiment again, shall we ?

All I can do now is see what you put into QP_MA_Environment function. The price_bars parameter for example :

Say we have 1000 bars, You resized array so it's size is 1001. The price_bar is 999. and you put this price_bar into QP_MA_Environment function. Is that okay to your codes ?.

and print GetLastError() in int(), maybe there's something ... useless.

BTW, use Google advance search and search in mql4.com anything that relate to .dll and Win 7.

(I'm in heaven)

Try another silly you silly experiment : comment out the other 12 imported functions ?!?.

After this : how religious are you ?, coz I'm running out of ideas :(

I really have to go. I'll ask your crash logs to other guys I know, see what they say.

(I must be dreaming)

You know, looking at the calculation in start (), makes me really wonder, why you didn't do that start() calculation inside the .dll by using ArrayCopyRates () ?

SERIOUSLY.

This is not for quantum123.

Patrick s Nouvion, video how to create dll, BTW, Patrick is not using the free VS Studio 2008 Express.

forex tsd, dll tutorial, me on page 9

onewithzachy:

You know, looking at the calculation in start (), makes me really wonder, why you didn't do that start() calculation inside the .dll by using ArrayCopyRates () ?

SERIOUSLY.

This is not for quantum123.

Patrick s Nouvion, video how to create dll, BTW, Patrick is not using the free VS Studio 2008 Express.

forex tsd, dll tutorial, me on page 9

Thanks, I looked at the video it was helpful. I see that I can call other functions in the dll and they work. But after i call QP_MA_Environment it installs the window but i cant add anymore indicator in any window (whether its for the same pair or other pairs). Once I get into this state clicking on indicator properties crashes the terminal. I will do some work and see if I can isolate the problem. Thanks

quantum123:

Thanks, I looked at the video it was helpful. I see that I can call other functions in the dll and they work. But after i call QP_MA_Environment it installs the window but i cant add anymore indicator in any window (whether its for the same pair or other pairs). Once I get into this state clicking on indicator properties crashes the terminal. I will do some work and see if I can isolate the problem. Thanks

Got it!! my mistake..... I undersized the result array in start(), wrote to elements beyond its defined size and a whole lot of bad things happen.

Thank you all for assiting

quantum123:

Got it!! my mistake..... I undersized the result array in start(), wrote to elements beyond its defined size and a whole lot of bad things happen.

Thank you all for assiting

You meant "Thank you all for your assistance", right ?.

Anyway, Congrats !.

dead curious : is this the one, because if it is, I think I asked this before ?,

Say we have 1000 bars, You resized array so it's size is 1001. The price_bar is 999. and you put this price_bar into QP_MA_Environment function. Is that okay to your codes ?

And please use ArrayCopyRates(). I'll do that if I were you.

onewithzachy:

You meant "Thank you all for your assistance", right ?.

Anyway, Congrats !.

dead curious : is this the one, because if it is, I think I asked this before ?,

And please use ArrayCopyRates(). I'll do that if I were you.

I stand corrected, Thank you all for your assistance.

In the functions I check that I don't over step the configured sizes (well, at least I do now). I will try ArrayCopyRates() again, having all the data is always best.

Again, Thank you all for your help.

Reason: