Simple EA Help Needed - page 2

nobleman247:
The thing is I am try to Create an EA by using the iCustom function to call the values of indicators for opening trades, but i have no idea on how call the values of the SHI_Channel_Colour_Talk indicator on multiple time frame. So I was hoping that people like You who know better could help me out. Thank you.

Show your code ........ I don't like guessing what you have We have to see what your problem is....

What is your iCustom code to call the values of the SHI_Channel_Colour_Talk indicator on time frame you know and what is that timeframe

1. This topic is started by sugarboy234, but now nobleman247 replying it like he's the one who start it. Are nobleman247 and sugarboy234 one person ?!?.

nobleman247 2012.04.11 13:27

... With respect to how the strategy is, we cant alter SHI_Channel_Colour_Talk. ....

.., but i have no idea on how call the values of the SHI_Channel_Colour_Talk indicator on multiple time frame. ...

I also don't have any idea how to call SHI_Channel_Colour_Talk because it's lines is drawn using object trendline, which no one can't call it using iCustom. We're not changing the output value of SHI_Channel_Colour_Talk, we're gonna make it using buffer, and the lines will be the same ones. If you don't want SHI_Channel_Colour_Talk to be changed, then I can't help you, because I don't know how to do it.

nobleman247 2012.04.11 12:49

...., we cant alter SHI_Channel_Colour_Talk. The only thing we can do is to use the indicator Forex Trend fxfariz Custom Indicator attached below in place of MACD and then use values of SHI_Channel_Colour_Talk on the 1hour time frame only. Now the condition for opening orders using the iCustom function will now be: If Price touches the "SHI_Channel_Colour_Talk's" Lower boundary on the 1h time frame and begins to reverse, Open Buy order "when Forex Trend fxfariz" crosses zero upwards on the 5m time frame

and

If Price touches the "SHI_Channel_Colour_Talk's" upper boundary on the 5m, 15m, 30m and 1h time frame and begins to reverse, Open sell order when "Forex Trend fxfariz" crosses zero downwards on the 5m time frame.

Let me get this : the condition to buy is different with the condition to sell ?. It that's the condition, that's strange indeed.

4. You must do your own writing of the codes, especially that now you change the conditions for the EA and now using another different indicator.

==>> Please submit your codes and let's see how far your understanding on codes writing . <<==

:)

onewithzachy:

1. This topic is started by sugarboy234, but now nobleman247 replying it like he's the one who start it. Are nobleman247 and sugarboy234 one person ?!?.

I also don't have any idea how to call SHI_Channel_Colour_Talk because it's lines is drawn using object trendline, which no one can't call it using iCustom. We're not changing the output value of SHI_Channel_Colour_Talk, we're gonna make it using buffer, and the lines will be the same ones. If you don't want SHI_Channel_Colour_Talk to be changed, then I can't help you, because I don't know how to do it.

Let me get this : the condition to buy is different with the condition to sell ?. It that's the condition, that's strange indeed.

4. You must do your own writing of the codes, especially that now you change the conditions for the EA and now using another different indicator.

==>> Please submit your codes and let's see how far your understanding on codes writing . <<==

:)

Sorry for the typo, nobleman247 meant different, the conditions for opening buy/sell orders is same ie.

If Price touches the "SHI_Channel_Colour_Talk's" Lower boundary on the 1h time frame and begins to reverse, Open Buy order "when Forex Trend fxfariz" crosses zero upwards on the 5m time frame

and

If Price touches the "SHI_Channel_Colour_Talk's" upper boundary on the 1h time frame and begins to reverse, Open sell order when "Forex Trend fxfariz" crosses zero downwards on the 5m time frame.

And on the other hand, if you are only going to make the SHI_Channel_Colour_Talk indicator use buffer, and the lines will be the same ones. Since you are not changing the output value of SHI_Channel_Colour_Talk, No problem you can do that as long as it will make it easier for you to code the initial request, which is "If Price touches the SHI_Channel_Colour_Talk's Lower boundary on the 5m, 15m, 30m and 1h time frame and begins to reverse, Open Buy order when MACD crosses zero upwards on the 5m time frame and If Price touches the SHI_Channel_Colour_Talk's upper boundary on the 5m, 15m, 30m and 1h time frame and begins to reverse, Open sell order when MACD crosses zero downwards on the 5m time frame".

But then, as observed the Forex Trend fxfariz indicator gives an earlier signal than MACD and when the price touches the boundary of the SHI_Channel_Colour_Talk indicator and begins to reverse the same happens on the lover time frame ie. 5m, 15m and 30m TF. That is why its ok if we use Forex Trend fxfariz Custom Indicator in place of MACD and then use values of SHI_Channel_Colour_Talk on the 1hour time frame only. So the condition for opening orders using the iCustom function will now be: If Price touches the "SHI_Channel_Colour_Talk's" Lower boundary on the 1h time frame and begins to reverse, Open Buy order "when Forex Trend fxfariz" crosses zero upwards (ie. > 0.0) on the 5m time frame

and

If Price touches the "SHI_Channel_Colour_Talk's" upper boundary on the 1h time frame and begins to reverse, Open sell order when "Forex Trend fxfariz" crosses zero downwards (ie. < 0.0) on the 5m time frame.

Thanks for your help and sorry for all the troubles.

NB. He is one I share FX ideas with. A Newbie too.

Reason: